9Go!

THE WEAKEST LINK USA

From Monday 31 October 7:30 PM

Emmy winner Jane Lynch hosts a revival of the international phenomenon. Eight strangers work as a team to play a high-stakes game of trivia and then vote each other off one by one for a chance to win up to $1 million. Who will be the Weakest Link?

2 Likes

New dating show Dating No Filter UK premieres on 9GO! tonight at 8.30pm. Based on the US format, it features a panel of British comedians watching and making humorous commentary on footage of blind first dates set up by the producers.
The show debuted on Sky UK in February 2021 and is distributed by NBCUniversal. Two seasons have been made so far.

US version of The Weakest Link - promo for tonight’s premiere

2 Likes

Good to see some new / different shows being scheduled, but I reckon programmers are a bit optimistic that the new shows being launched will find an audience in early primetime given the way viewers have been conditioned.

2 Likes

ITV has dropped the first teaser of the new season of Love Island UK, featuring new host Maya Jama.

Bewitched and I Dream Of Jeannie return to 9Go! next Monday. Also MASH will air for the first time on the channel after last airing on 7TWO.

5 Likes

All seem like mismatches for a channel that is supposed to be Nine’s youngest . Nostalgia series might do better on 9Gem.

8 Likes

Bewitched and Jeannie both used to air on 9Gem in the mornings. I agree they are probably a better fit to 9Gem than 9Go. Or are they trying to turn 9GO into some sort of Eleven/10Peach knock-off?

8 Likes

I wonder did 10 have two target demographics for Peach (I know they do with Shake - as revealed in the TVT surveys with the networks), say a broader 30+ or 25-54 women during day time, but then purely 16-39 women in prime time? Because I could understand that, otherwise it’s also baffling why Peach would’ve wanted those shows per Cynic’s comment about them on 9Go!

Airing along with kids shows during the morning, Baywatch and some random reality shows at around midday, That 70s show/3rd rock/Raymond/Nanny/Full House/Young Sheldon in the afternoon and movies at night, and it feels like 9Go has a bit of an identity crisis at the moment.

One would think sitcoms like 30 Rock and Brooklyn Nine-Nine would fit 9Go’s demos better.

8 Likes

US sitcom Raising Hope will air on 9GO! on Wednesday, February 15 at 1pm with the very first two episodes. Seasons 1 and 2 are currently available on 9Now (four seasons were produced in total).

1 Like

Was that the same show Ten aired around 2010, had Rachael Harris and the legendary Cloris Leachman “Aunt Maw-Maw”, loved it :joy:

2 Likes

Not quite. Not a “premiere”. This was shown on 10 back in 2010/11. Not sure if they screened more than one or two seasons though.

1 Like

It was Martha Plimpton as Jimmy”s mum and Maw Maw was her grandmother.

2 Likes

Were all 4 seasons made by the same production company? Wondering if that is why only Season 1 and 2 is there.

All four seasons were co-produced by 20th Century Fox Television and Amigos de Garcia Productions, while Slowly I Turned Productions also had a part in season 4.

1 Like

Yes whoops, don’t know why I get them confused LOL

The series initially aired on Ten then Eleven.

1 Like

MASH is being dropped from Monday, replaced with double episodes of That 70’s Show. Everybody Loves Raymond moves to a 3:30 timeslot, and The Nanny runs for a full hour between 4pm and 5pm. I am very pissed off at this decision.

What a joy for a programming department to have though, when your only real worries are early evening/late afternoon on a multi-channel, with your main channel killing it

2 Likes