9Go!

What was the switch over?

Might be talking about the affiliation switch?

1 Like

Donā€™t think the 2016 affiliation switch wouldā€™ve made much (if any) difference to the ratings of 9Go! in metropolitan areas though?

Compared to 2016, 9Go!'s ratings share is well down in metro areas and that is reflected in regional numbers as well. Metro share is about 40% lower in total people share. Regional probably about 33% lower.

2 Likes

With that in mind, it seems like any reduction in ratings 9Go! has had over the last half-decade probably has more to do with content (Nine ending the WB deal?) rather than anything affiliation-switch related!

Shedding audience to 9Life (since November 2015) and 9Rush perhaps?

I canā€™t see how a regional affiliation switch would affect metro ratings either, but thatā€™s the only switchover I can think of from 2016. Unless thereā€™s something else Iā€™m forgetting?

1 Like

9Life is at the same level but now 9 Rush does account for some of the loss. The biggest change from 2016 is 10 Bold / 10 Peach that are now higher than One and Eleven. At this stage in 2016, 9Go was the number one multichannel (equal with 7Two), now 10 Bold is number one. 9Go is down 1.5 share points Bold is up 1.1.

3 Likes

I think Knoxy at TVT even noted in one of his weekly wraps recently Nine are having issues with their m/c, trailing Seven and 10.

As Cynic points out and I commented in the 10 release thread today, Bold especially and Peach have gone boom!

I remember 9Go! getting 4% most nights and 6-7% on Saturday nights on a weekly basis. Now most nights struggle for 2%.

Regional? When Nine went SCA and 10 went WIN? How exactly would that affect 9Go! metro performance?

(And not shooting the messenger, thatā€™s directed at Jeza if thatā€™s indeed what he means) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was only asking if the ratings are worse or equal to before the 2016 affiliation switchover and before the 2021 affiliation switchover.
For the channel 9Go! Thatā€™s all I wanted to know.

But again, weā€™re talking metro not regional? Iā€™m really confused, Iā€™m sorry Jeza :slight_smile:

Yes, sorry, I meant regional.

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t have a clue, MS publishes OzTam and therefore my and follow-up membersā€™ comments were related to that. Glad we resolved this after more than four days.

New canine competition show Americaā€™s Top Dog premieres on 9GO! next Thursday (July 8) at 7.30pm. It aired on A&E in the US in January 2020 and had been renewed for two more seasons.

According to the below article, former Ten/Eleven/10 Peach staple, Everybody Loves Raymond, will be airing on the channel. 10 Peach hasnā€™t aired the program since June. That means the show will have aired on all three commercial networks over the years (it first aired on Seven before it moved to Ten).

Also, Season 4 of Young Sheldon (currently available on 9Now) will air on the channel.

7 Likes

According to the advance guide posted on TV Blackbox, repeats of Everybody Loves Raymond starts from Monday 29th November at 7:30pm. The channel will air 2 eps a night on Mondays to Wednesdays at 7:30-8:30pm.

Up against Family Guy/ American Dad, Friends and The Office.

This will be interesting.

1 Like

I hadnā€™t even noticed it was off of the Peach schedule, I thought they just moved it onto their morning lineup and buried it. Though it did pretty much air on 11/Peach continuously from the launch of 11 in 2011 for a full 10 years (Neighbours being the other show to air for that long)

1 Like

New episodes of Young Sheldon for 9Go!

Modified line-up:

1500 THE NANNY

1530 3RD ROCK FROM THE SUN

1600 THAT 70ā€™S SHOW

1630 MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE

1700 MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE

1730 THE NANNY

1800 3RD ROCK FROM THE SUN

1830 THAT 70ā€™S SHOW

1900 YOUNG SHELDON