9Go!

Nine airing The Man From Snowy River and The Man From Snowy River 2 tonight on GO!. Wonder why they’re not airing this on GEM?

Good programming change regardless for the day.

4 Likes

There’s a first run movie Beirut on 9Gem tonight, a good espionage thriller based on real events (I have the DVD), think this should’ve been on 9Go! (more modern and action). Maybe Nine at last minute thought Beirut is too niche for the higher rating and younger skewing 9Go, where at least TMFSR has a higher profile even if old and might skew older?

2 Likes

Another benefit for Beirut is that it can be watched in high-definition on 9Gem HD.

3 Likes

UK game show Bigheads premieres on 9GO! next Friday week (March 5) at 11.35pm and continues the next night at 11.30pm. It debuted on ITV in 2017 and only six episodes were made.

2 Likes

Monkie Kid is an animated series inspired by classic Chinese novel Journey to the West. It is a Danish-Australian-Chinese co-production (Sydney-based Flying Bark Productions was involved).

Why was that tweeted from Lego Masters account?

2 Likes

Because Lego was a co-production partner? It also released Monkie Kid toy sets from last year.

I’ve noticed that 9Go!'s schedule is running 15 minutes AHEAD of schedule, meaning that Young Sheldon started at 7:15pm instead of 7:30pm. This is in Sydney, and is no doubt related to the cyber attack that has plagued the network.

Also, the PRG is missing when coming back from the break, with only the rating (eg. PG) being shown.

It’s in Victoria too.

1 Like

It’s affecting all of Nine’s channels, been discussed in a few threads in recent weeks (no PRGs, watermark fading in/out of breaks like Seven rather than after animated PRG, generic classifications and warnings and closed caption bugs - which were missing and/or have been wrong but TVT contacted Nine and they’ve managed to try and fix).

Seems either NPC Media and/or GTV Nine Melbourne lending a large helping hand with network presentation, etc too.

2 Likes

Had a check at the TV guide and noticed that ‘3rd Rock From The Sun’ and 'That ‘70s Show’ (both previously aired on Seven) will be screening on 9Go! from Monday 31st:

8 Likes

This show was so underrated when it was first on. Was pretty good.

9 Likes

That ‘70s Show in its old Seven timeslot too, used to run during Summer when Home and Away was off.

Actually a good fit for GO!.

2 Likes

Ahead of 10’s Britney special next week 9Go is repeating the one that was shown on Nine recently

Thu 24 Jun at 7:30 pm

FRAMING BRITNEY SPEARS
Her rise was a global phenomenon. Her downfall was a cruel national sport. People close to Britney Spears and lawyers tied to her conservatorship now reassess her career as she battles her father in court over who should control her life.

2 Likes

With the channel having suffered in the ratings the past couple of years (more than not pulling less than 2% shares - although yes total people), not sure this is a great decision, best to keep consistency and familiarity with the schedules. You never see early evening appear, only the odd classic blockbuster the past week or so has started doing alright again.
I think 9Go! has been at the expense of 10’s multi-channels especially Peach but also Bold which have surged big time, as well as 7mate.

1 Like

How would you say to 9Go!'s ratings to pre-switchover 2016 to now?

Forgive me, but I don’t follow?

Sorry, my phrasing was bad.

Would you say the ratings are worse or equal to post-2016 switchover?