9Go!

3 Likes

According to their Advance Guide for the week commencing September 27, it will air at 7pm Mondays to Thursdays from Monday 28th September, replacing TBBT, which much of the series has gone to 10 Peach.

However, 9Go! is still scheduled to air S12 of TBBT (which Nine still has the rights for) at around 5pm weekdays from next week, as well as around 11pm to Midnight (ie. not an encore of an ep aired earlier that evening).

3 Likes

Talking of “back in the day” came across this again on Youtube tonight…

The Go! Theme song from the inception of the channel, which was produced by Noise International ended up being released as a single in 2009 due to popular demand. Shots from this film clip ended up being incorporated into later versions of the channels Idents.
I remember seeing this full clip also air on Go! on a number of occasions. Back then I thought the idea of a “theme” from a channel gaining this much popularity was pretty cool. Looking back it was pretty iconic as the first Multichannel for Nine. The branding for the channel was bold, bright, fresh and loud - Go!

Idents: 2010:

8 Likes

Great song

6 Likes

Do they use it anymore?

1 Like

Wow, that’s how you create a brand.
I really feel something when I see that

Peach. Bold. Flix. Two. Shake.

They are all so brand-less and generic

2 Likes

They definitely used it as long as they could. Eventually it got a bit stale, but the rebrand with all the gloss and “electric” looking backgrounds currently in use was a step backward IMO.

4 Likes

love to say it……. but I preferer the GO! package from 2009 - 2014 the best.

6 Likes

I can confirm that the version of The Nanny 9Go! are airing now is the same one from the early days (as GO!), complete with the Sony Pictures Television International logo at the end.

4 Likes
3 Likes

9Go! seem to do well with their children’s shows, considering how powerful ABC Kids is. I often notice children’s ads continue a bit into prime time during Malcolm In The Middle.

3 Likes

I think 9Go! is in line to show Space Nova next year, if the ABC decides not to air it first (ABC and Nine both chipped in money to produce the animated series).

1 Like

These series always screen on Nine first and ABC second. Screen Australia has it slated for 2021.

1 Like

I’m not in the demographic but I thought I’d check out new series The Gamers 2037. Great characters, great writing and good acting from a relatively unknown young cast. And it’s a “smart” show. They don’t talk down to the audience.

My only complaint is the stupid title of the show. There are so many sci fi components to this show which could have been used for a better title: Virtual Gamers, Virtual Augmented Gamers, The Absorbed, Virtual Future, Near Future.

I really don’t understand why our networks in Australia aren’t creating more buzz about these local shows. They deserve a big audience.

3 Likes

Hopefully it will good business on 9Now via word of mouth?

1 Like

The afternoon daytime schedule now replicating 7mate’s successful afternoon schedule of 10 years ago with library content from Universal.

2pm Quantum Leap
3pm Six Million Dollar Man
4pm Baywatch
5pm Knight Rider

Replacing the general children’s programs they were running between 3 and 6pm.

2 Likes

9GO! Christmas programming

Sunday, December 20
4.50pm The Nutcracker
7.00pm How the Grinch Stole Christmas
9.00pm Love Actually

Tuesday, December 22
7.30pm Dr Seuss’ The Grinch
9.15pm Bad Santa

Wednesday, December 23
7.30pm Arthur Christmas
9.30pm Four Holidays

Friday, December 25
6.00pm How to Train Your Dragon – Homecoming
6.30pm How the Grinch Stole Christmas

2 Likes

I watched Bad Santa on Tuesday night and I was mildly surprised how small the classification bug was. 10 years ago if a channel showed an MA15+ program you’d get a 10 second disclaimer before the program began, but this MA movie started straight after G-rated Grinch with no interruption and a quick tiny 5 second disclaimer popped up over the film about a minute in. EPG has sure changed channel presentation.

4 Likes

Due to the Melbourne Summer Series, Malcolm in the Middle and The Nanny will not be seen in the first week of Feburary.

2 Likes

Mr Sheffield will be sad.

3 Likes