9Go!

Scorpion (previously seen on 10/ 10 Bold ) is coming to 9Go!

Midday on week days from Thursday 8 February 12:00pm

1 Like

Previously on Stan I believe, every episode currently on 9Now as well.

Seems Paramount is increasingly willing to licence their library of content to various platforms with Elementary, Madam Secretary, The Good Wife, Under the Dome etc all on 9Now.

2 Likes

Yes they do, do you think multinational businesses work for free?

1 Like

No but it’s just internal money, if they sell them they can get new money into the company.

It is only new money if they otherwise wouldn’t use it on their own networks, that is the key.

They can also charge more from external licensing rather than moving internal money around.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Love Island UK season 8 will have its FTA premiere on 9GO! this Tuesday, April 23 (Monday late night) at 1.10am. It streamed on 9Now in June 2022.

What’s with Aussie Lobster Men (another ex-7mate title) randomly on 9Go! later on Sunday nights? Not sure I get the flow or strategy there, which has a movie before it and usually would have another after it. Doubt viewers would even realise this is there. Seems better suited now for 9Rush, there’s already a former 7mate show there anyway.

2 Likes

Probably need an Aussie show to fulfil the Aussie quota on 9.

2 Likes

Just saw an ad in Brisbane, 9Go! going HD on May 8 apparently? On LCN 99.

4 Likes

In time for the Olympics

10 Likes

Oh wow. That’s awesome

1 Like

All three main channels are on HD
Nine, 9Gem and 9GO

4 Likes

There’s only one main channel: 9.

9Rush and 9Life are equal to 9Go and 9Gem as multi channels.

3 Likes

Sorry my bad. Multi-channels

1 Like

As a viewer in a WIN area I am sad as we don’t get HD exclusive to us like metro usually does. Looks like metro have a taste of how we feel with all the delayed channels.

I am surprised they are still keeping SD 9Gem and 9Go, they will use a lot of bandwidth causing the HD channels to look worse. In WIN land it is a lot more organised and clean with no SD simulcasts meaning higher bitrate for the HD channels. Also means the HD channels aren’t hidden behind the SD versions.

@TV.Cynic On May 8 could you compare the bitrates for WIN vs. Nine Channels to see if the SD simulcasts make a difference?

1 Like

We don’t know what the plan is with the SD channels. I’m guessing 9Gem SD is being removed, with 9Go keeping the SD feed until (hopefully) 9Life goes HD next?

1 Like

In time for French Open as well. It means when the tennis is on, Thursday night and Friday night NRL and Super Rugby on Saturday night will still be shown in HD.

7 Likes

Very excited - I only watch HD channels on FTA, so will be very happy to add another channel to the viewing menu.

1 Like