9Gem

5 Second Ident:

3 Likes

Had disappeared last week but was still on the EPG etc, was hopeful it was forever instead of a technological glitch between Australia and wherever this is shot (I’ve heard Hungary).

1 Like

There’s also a 15 second version of the new ID:

4 Likes

Why would it be filmed in Hungary?
It’s clearly made entirely for Australian audiences, and doesn’t look like it’d be that expensive to produce locally.

I was looking at this list of people who’ve won money watching Call & Win

And I thought it was odd to see nearly all of the winners recently have been from NSW/VIC/TAS only.

I figured this would be due to the programme only being live in AEDT states, but looking at the online guides, it appears that Call & Win is not even broadcast in non-AEDT areas… only NSW, VIC and TAS have it on their schedules.

1 Like

The lady that seems to be hosting every time I have the misfortune of watching is English and also hosts a show called Game Time Canada.
It’s definitely not made here, shouldn’t be on air here either. How this hasn’t been shut down is beyond me.

2 Likes

Agreed.

I don’t know if this “Call & Win” program that airs on 9Gem is the exact same one that used to air on 4ME, but if it is I vividly remember that show airing on the (thankfully) now-defunct datacast channel during the afternoon of Christmas Day 2015! :open_mouth:

Yep, thats the one

T[quote=“Glennc, post:67, topic:374”]
The lady that seems to be hosting every time I have the misfortune of watching is English and also hosts a show called Game Time Canada.
[/quote]

Interesting.
I watched it a few times back when it was on 4ME and it was definitely hosted by Aussies on all those occasions.

I haven’t seen it since it’s been airing on “GemTV” as they call it on their website

1 Like

Was also made in Europe when it was on TV4ME. They had one Aussie lady who hosted. It’s exactly the same show…

1 Like

L&O SUV starting on 9Gem Sun 25 Feb at 9.10pm in doubles. Must be the week for trotting out this type of content with CSI NY and Miami commencing on One also.

Any particular reason why Melbourne misses out on 9Gem’s classic movie every Friday night? And it’s not due to NRL, as Adelaide still get it (10:15pm). And all other markets.

Been happening for weeks now and some really good, 60s / 70s titles I would’ve liked to record.

On another note, what is the rationale behind screening the NRL on 9Gem?

I would have though 9Go! would better suit the demographic for the NRL.

3 Likes

Probably a lingering legacy from the days that GEM (as per the branding back then) was the HD channel.

I agree that 9Go! would probably be a better fit for NRL coverage in the AFL states. Infact, I think Nine may have planned to move all GEM/9Gem sports coverage to 9Go! in Late 2015 or Early 2016 but that didn’t happen.

1 Like

9Gem is Nine’s sport multi-channel. Exception is 9Go! during soccer for some reason.

7mate is Seven’s. Exception when 7Two is used during major events (Aus Open/Olympics/Comm Games).

ONE is Ten’s (though used to be a sport channel “One HD” of course).

I know that those are the go-to channels, but what I’m trying to say is that I feel like 9Gem is the incorrect fit for NRL.

9Gem is an “older skewed” demographic channel.

I just feel that NRL doesn’t fit in with that demographic, and would be better aligned to 9Go!

2 Likes

Well, it is rating 1% on Thursdays/Fridays due to nobody watching NRL in 3 markets.

So what use is it moving NRL to 9Go!

A lost cause? Nine move Storm games to main channel occasioanlly (when no AFL or finals) now, following Seven’s lead with AFL in Sydney and Brisbane.

I think the HD factor was why it was the default sports multi-channel in the beginning. I have noticed Footy Classified is now on 9Go! Perhaps change is in the Ayr, near Townsville?

3 Likes

Yet here in Syd/Bri, the late night replay airs on GEM.

IPL on 9Gem?