9Gem

I said “disappointing” (not worst), as in compared to where it should be.

9Gem has been around for 7 years now and airs similar old skewing programming like 7Two, but daylight between the two.

2 Likes

COLLECTABLES: A TREASURE HUNT THROUGHOUT AUSTRALIA

PREMIERES TONIGHT AT 7.30PM

The Clash of the Collectables, which premieres at 7.30pm tonight on 9GEM, takes you on a retro treasure hunt through some of Australia’s most beautiful destinations, culminating in an auction showdown where friends become foes.

Over 10 episodes, great mates Eric Knowles and Alan Carter will go head-to-head buying retro treasures on a fun trip to some incredible and bizarre destinations, meeting true-blue characters along the way.

Eric is a national treasure in Great Britain, well known to viewers of Antiques Roadshow. Alan is one of the best known faces in the Australian antiques industry.

Their fierce competitiveness will be on show as they out-bargain, outsmart and ultimately outsell each other to make the most money and win the auction finale.

Learn the secrets from two super deal-makers as they work out what to buy and why. Plus, find out how to get the best bargains and sport the new trends in collectables.

Tensions will reach boiling point as Eric and Alan’s choices are laid bare in the most unforgiving arena of all – the auction room.

There will be surprises and shocks as hundreds of lots are sold and the results tallied to find out who will ultimately win and who gets blown away in The Clash of the Collectables’ – where it’s never over until the final hammer falls.

Christmas ID, as per last year:

3 Likes

New police show Live PD is coming to 9Gem according to a promo aired tonight during cricket. It follows police officers in the course of their duties but is unique in the fact that the footage is being broadcast in real-time across America. It airs on A&E in the US and is in the middle of the second season.

This channel is so boring, I thought 7Two was, but at least that has Border, et al re-runs.

Update: Okay, I’ll watch Midsomer re-runs :smile:

Expect maybe when the cricket is on their because of the news.

2018 Promo

2 Likes

So 9Gem has got the FTA rights to Jack Taylor, which was first shown in Australia on pay TV channel 13th Street. Three series (9 episodes in total) have been made so far.

Blue program super…

3 Likes

Looks like they are moving towards a blue logo now? The animation in that promo at the end was sweet.

2 Likes

I’ve seen blue, purple and a new shade of pink tonight. They’ve also changed the other bits of the PRG.

6 Likes

New look promos!

7 Likes

Literally the biggest change to Gem since it started broadcasting in 2010 lol.
Looks good too :+1:t2: and the logo is 1000 times better with its new palette.

3 Likes

Anything would’ve been an improvement on the last look. I hadn’t seen anything so rough since Luke’s attempt at moderation in the cricket thread.

13 Likes

https://fat.gfycat.com/ClearcutSmallChuckwalla.gif

9 Likes

The new look is a good direction forward for the channel.

One of which really under-performs for Nine.

Has Jack Taylor been on FTA before? I could’ve sworn it already had a first run?

:nerd_face:

Are they airing Live PD the live 2-3 hr program or the COPS-like “Police Patrol” version?

Has Call and Win vanished?

New Ident:

7 Likes

It’s on the on-line guides.

Edit: Definitely still on.

https://scontent.fsea1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/26910517_10210883413305892_3288505428131932212_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=86a90a5db9589be5129e000345c21471&oe=5AB0868D

1 Like