9Gem

A claim the quiz phone number doesn’t work.

9Gem logo missing at the end tag of the promo:

2 Likes

9Gem is showing Smokey and the Bandit (1977) and Smokey and the Bandit II (1980) on the day that Burt Reynolds passed away.

3 Likes

9Gem appears to have moved to quite a lot of infomercials.
From Monday their overnight schedule is:
1am Infomericals
4.30am Joyce Meyer
5am Infomericals
7am Crefio Dollar Ministries
7.30am Infomericals
10.30am Ellen
If my maths is any good that means there’s 17 half hour Infomericals slot per weekday.

1 Like

Compensating for the imminent closure of Extra, maybe?

5 Likes

Joyce “The Joker” Meyer and Creflo “I want to believe God for a $65 million plane” Dollar are paid spots, so they’re sort of like infomercials anyway.

Yeah I figured as much. Didn’t want to lump religious programming with home shopping though!
Way too much paid programming for mine.

Sadly, people watch them.

Major Crimes will have a double episode on Sunday November 25th on 9gem.
That will leave just two final episodes, presumably a double episode the following week out of survey.
With all the repeats on the channel, it is surprising Nine did start this show at least 3 weeks earlier so they had more content for a longer period of time. The show wrapped overseas in January this year so Nine have had a whole year to program this.

Sad way for the show to go out

1 Like

That’s a good get for Nine. Normally the Country Music Association Awards will be on Foxtel channels like Fox8 or CMC.

1 Like

Very small issue I know, but last night on 9GEM Newcastle, the “A Current Affair” promo had the wrong “Sydney’s Number 1” title card at the end…

Normally, we get the generic “Australia’s No. 1” version, which I assume is for everywhere except Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.

1 Like

It really should be “Newcastle’s No. 1” on Nine (NBN).

1 Like

It is supposed to be, but SCA let the “Brisbane’s No. 1” version air throughout QLD.

2 Likes

Also Gold Coast

3 Likes

Nine’s logo graphic seen on 9Gem…

Update 9:17pm: Nine’s PRG graphic also used on 9Gem:

Update 10:10pm: Nine’s graphics are still in use!

7 Likes

Relaunch!!! Zomg

Something else bizarre, I get that the change occured quite late in the piece today (swapping the main channel and 9Gem around - which is great btw), but they managed to edit the main channel EPG (even adding info that it was the Men’s Final and that De Minaur was in it)…

But they didn’t edit 9Gem’s EPG, mine said the tennis and “Ghosts of Girlfriends Past” - neither of which ended up airing on this channel!

NB/ The latter ended up airing after the tennis concluded on the main channel.

Wasn’t sure where to post this

According to my EPG, the movie currently airing on 9Gem “Hannibal” was released in “2011”. It was actually released in 2001.

I wonder if a computer or the person inputting got mixed up with th same titled TV show from a few years ago with Mads Mikkelsen?

While I’m at it, as previously discussed in another thread, this film has a long classification history, including an ACMA TV investigation a year or two ago when it aired on 7flix.

This was the first time Nine have aired it, so out of curiosity checked in every now and again to see what (if any) edits had been made. And they did edit it, but very different to Seven’s. Again highlighting where the TV classification system falls down in a heap!

NB/ Also well and truly available at the time of Seven’s previous airings and the ACMA investigation, was the latest ACB classification for the film (for a Blu-Ray in 2007 I think) and it was classified MA15+ uncut. So no need for networks to even bother touching it, making it still bizarre why they are (it was previously classified R18+ upon review back in 2001).

1 Like

Mad About You looks terrible on 9Gem reruns. Quality looks like that of a bad-quality VHS tape! I think they should bring back Friends again…