7plus

Really? I thought it was good that they had a reputable channel brand as part of the suite. Now they only have Bloomberg Originals (formerly Bloomberg Quicktake)

1 Like

If someone else didn’t snap them up, they could’ve gotten/should’ve gotten Nosey.

I think Samsung TV Plus has got Nosey in Australia already?

Not all the FAST providers are exclusive to one platform though. Outdoor Channel is available on multiple platforms, for example. Same with the InWonder/InWild/etc channels.

2 Likes

So this highlights something that I don’t quite get with these FAST channels - who supplies the ads? Are the channel providers or are the platforms?

Also, where the same (non-live content) channel is on multiple services, is it literally the same content at the same time across all the services they’re on (with or without different ads) or are they different?

2 Likes

Outdoor Channel is the same on 7+ and Fetch. It’s a special Australian feed with local content. Not sure about the ads, but I’d say since theyre digitally inserted at the time of viewing that they would be platform specific. I could be wrong though because at some point Outdoor needs to turn a profit too. Could be a mix?

1 Like

They do, but I think it would fit in nicely with Seven’s deals with NBCUniversal. A lot of that stuff is NBC and Universal stuff.

5 Likes

I agree. The more the better. Maybe 9Now will end up with it. I’m keen to see what they’ll offer.

1 Like
1 Like

Parenthood

Available on 7plus this May

Parenthood is a one-hour drama inspired by the box office hit of the same name. This re-imagined and updated Universal Media Studios/Imagine Television production follows the trials and tribulations of the very large, very colourful and imperfect Braverman family.

Single mother Sarah and her two children Amber and Drew are moving back home with her parents Zeek and Camille. Sarah’s sister and complete antithesis, Julia is a successful corporate attorney trying to juggle work and motherhood, alongside her stay-at-home husband, Joel. Commitment-phobe Crosby, Sarah’s younger brother, must accept adult responsibility when an old flame Jasmine shows up unexpectedly. Meanwhile, Adam, the oldest Braverman sibling, his wife Kristina and teenage daughter, Haddie, learn that their eccentric son and Haddie’s little brother, Max, is diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome. Although each sibling and family has its own share of life to grapple with, perhaps this reunion is the push they need to help each other pick up the pieces and focus on the everyday challenges that families face while raising children and starting over.

1 Like

Was a good show actually . I only watched the first couple seasons as I generally lost interest in the storyline’s but would be good to watch the first couple years again .

What’s happened to the Ausbiz channel? I can’t find it.

Edit: it’s there again

1 Like

That’s because NBCU had different deals with different broadcasters. Now they’re expiring, looks like they’re nesting them on 7plus. I wish 7 and NBC could find a way to collab on a Peacock-type product.

IIRC There is an option in the deal for Seven and NBCU to jointly launch Peacock in 2024.

1 Like

Why do you want to pay for something that’s currently free?

It will still be free on 7plus, but if it happens it would just mean that there would be a lot more Peacock and NBCU content available.

1 Like

Interesting program and run time airing on Seven at the moment :wink: NPC Media/EPG/7Plus error?

4 Likes

Was that a Dancing With The Stars preview?

1 Like

Peacock has tiers. The free level of 7plus would remain, but the next tier is ad-free, then top level is premium, with more movies, bigger selection. It’d be better than trying to introduce a new brand to the market and NBCU extends their reach. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

1 Like