7plus

I wonder if it will eventually pop up again on 7TWO, they have two-hour Sons & Daughters blocks on weekdays when I flick over.

Donā€™t they have to pay residuals to actors if they put classic shows on , hence why they stopped putting Home and Away Early Years on many years ago due to cost?

It used to be on 7plus. I remember watching iy a few years ago it was mid 90ā€™s episodes.

Itā€™s just stupid as to watch the very first season itā€™s on a US streaming service named Freevee and isnā€™t available in Australia where it originated from. You would need to connect to a VPN to get access.

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard itā€™s on Amazon Prime Video in the UK but not sure if that is true.

Its available to purchase on Amazon Prime but not to stream. Freevee which is a really stupid name is an ad supported streaming service.

1 Like

But how would it be different from American or British shows being shown instead?

Because they have different rules etc. for overseas broadcasts.

I keep having this glitch on the Apple TV.

I open the 7Plus app and then my continue watching row has disappeared , comes back sometimes if you close and reopen.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure actors in overseas shows earn risiduals for repeats wherever they screen.

2 Likes

Yes, but it wouldnā€™t be the broadcaster paying it, it would be the distributor.

Itā€™s very frustrating to watch the latest episode of The Amazing Race on 7plus. The episode goes for 43 minutes but it took me 1.5 hours to watch it. The video paused every 2-3 minutes and each time I had to refresh the browser to continue. I am not sure if the problem is caused by the broadband connection? The browser (Firefox)? Or my adblocking software?

Anyway, I must make sure I record the TV broadcast of the next episode so I donā€™t have to rely on 7plus again.

7plus promo promising new content every day of summerā€¦

1 Like

7plus has always had problems with its ads. They have been around for how long now and they still cant get it right. 9now and tenplay both seem to be a lot better these days.

I watch things frequently on 7plus and donā€™t have issues, mostly on the TV apps though rather than in the browser but Iā€™ve had problems in the past watching in the browser with the Ad-Blockers causing issues and thatā€™s been across all the different platforms at times.

7plus to supercharge FAST channels, ad innovation and personalisation in 2023

As the Australian BVOD leader in FAST channels, the Seven Network will supercharge its FAST strategy with the launch of more exclusive themed channels on 7plus in 2023.

7plus is currently home to more than 40 FAST (free ad-supported streaming TV) channels and was the first BVOD streaming service in Australia to launch FAST channels in 2021. 7plusā€™ FAST channels offer audiences a linear viewing experience with a curated selection of globally recognised channel brands and premium content from across the Seven Network and 7plus.

In 2023, 7plus will launch additional premium FAST channels, with more advanced targeting. Alongside Sevenā€™s unmatchable program line-up and a vast library of exclusive online-only premium content, 7plus is set for its biggest-ever year in 2023.

7plusā€™ FAST channel technology works by tapping into the industry-leading Channel Assembly feature in AWS Media Elemental MediaTailor, to dynamically mine Sevenā€™s cloud-based program catalogue, generating virtual live-streaming channels.

This technology is combined with real-time consumption data from Sevenā€™s audience intelligence platform, 7REDiQ, allowing 7plus to launch channels that target both the valuable audiences that clients want to reach, and the categories and programs that consumers want to see.

Ad Innovation
7plus has taken its existing suite of shoppable solutions to the next level, with Australiaā€™s first API-based tool, which delivers of hundreds of different creative advertising assets to audiences in real time. Using 7Shop alongside 7REDiQ, brands can personalise their product or promotion to audiences based on gender, location, time of day or their interests.

To provide brands with even better access to shopper insights, Seven has also entered into an exclusive partnership with Visa, giving marketers the ability to access market-leading consumer purchasing insights from over 50 categories and use them across 50 new shoppable segments.

Brands can also use 7Shop to directly communicate with on-screen audiences via email, push notification and in-app integration thanks to a new click-to-contact feature. The new feature enhances marketersā€™ ability to drive meaningful connections with qualified consumers, helping them save offers or discounts to redeem immediately or at a later date.

Personalisation
Driving even more powerful results and an enhanced viewer and advertising experience, 7plus has fully integrated Amazon Personalize, powered by artificial intelligence, for realtime personalised content recommendations and dynamic, personalised design on the 7plus platform.

Creating a stickier environment for brands to connect with viewers, this technology will make content more relevant and discoverable on 7plus, driving increased audience engagement through a personalised user interface. Every single user will receive content recommendations, a personalised homepage and program carousels, and even personalised show art based on their on and off-platform behaviour.

Seven West Media Chief Digital Officer, Gereurd Roberts, said: ā€œOur FAST channels have streamed over 300 million minutes so far in 2022 and have been a driver of growth for 7plus, as people embrace the ā€˜lean-backā€™ experience of watching a curated, scheduled channel.

ā€œOur incredible personalisation technology, considered the benchmark globally, will also drive further audience engagement on 7plus, as we use AWS technology to further enhance our user experience and cement 7plus as the leading free streaming service in Australia.

ā€œViewers are watching more content than ever before, and there is more content available than ever before, so helping our audiences find curated content that matches their specific interests has never been more important,ā€ he said.

Seven West Media National Sales Director of Digital, Nicole Bence, said: ā€œIn 2023, we are focused on delivering the viewing experience of the future and growing 7plus through incredible levels of personalisation, shoppable ad innovation and new, data-driven FAST channels.

ā€œOur new personalisation technology uses custom machine learning models that deliver highly personalised recommendations to viewers and creating highly addressable audiences for brands to connect with. This is something no other Australian-based BVOD competitor can match.

ā€œFor our clients and agency partners, this means aligning their brands alongside the vast library of 7plus premium content that is customised to the individual user in the most impactful and targeted way. This improves the overall customer journey and delivers the best experience for our audiences and advertisers,ā€ she said.

ā€œCombined with our exciting new shoppable solutions, Visa partnership and powerful first party data insights from 7REDiQ, Seven is providing a powerful opportunity for brands to get closer to their target audience than ever before.ā€

Almost half of all BVOD streaming in Australia happens on 7plus, with over 10.5 billion minutes streamed so far in 2022, and the platform reaches over four million active and consented users a month. With 7plus available on 20 of the most premium, popular products on the market ā€“ now including full integration with PS5 ā€“ the streaming service puts brands in front of more Australians than any other BVOD service.

Seven invests in next-gen gaming technology

Aura partnership to redefine BVOD viewing

Seven West Media today announced a strategic investment with Australian media gaming and technology business, Aura, to deliver game-changing engagement across its market-leading BVOD service, 7plus.

The investment will also see Auraā€™s next-generation technology integrated into 7plus, creating an unrivalled immersive experience that places Sevenā€™s streaming service at the forefront of digital innovation in Australia.

Aura, which was named Best Emerging Tech Company at the 2021 SportsPro OTT Awards in London, uses video game technology that can stream content. Its immersive platform supercharges the screen experience for viewers and advertisers with an interface that is completely interactive.

Operating like a video game, Auraā€™s advanced technology will take the user and ad experience to the next level by aggregating content, data, social and transactional capability into one environment, allowing the viewer to take full control of the experience.

Functionally on 7plus, Aura will allow viewers to easily switch between different interactive options ā€“ including alternate camera angles, e-commerce, free-to-play games, live statistics and more ā€“ without losing the live primary feed, creating a ā€œstickyā€ environment that keeps audiences engaged for longer.

Seven West Media Chief Digital Officer, Gereurd Roberts, said: ā€œAura is globally recognised and its unique technology will redefine the content experience for Australian audiences through 7plus, taking our premium, personalised user interface to the next level.

ā€œWith Aura, 7plus can converge interactive virtual reality and augmented reality experiences, and integrate social feeds and e-commerce easily into both live and on-demand content, bringing a new and exciting dimension to our leading sport and tentpole programming.

ā€œAura have worked with some of the top tier sporting codes around the world. For Sevenā€™s unbeatable sporting schedule ā€“ which will include full digital rights to the AFL from 2025 ā€“ this technology gives us the potential to deliver viewers the opportunity to access stats during events through live data visualisation, purchase merchandise while watching, change camera angles in real-time, chat with other fans and so much more, all without leaving the action,ā€ Mr Roberts said.

Seven West Media Chief Revenue Officer, Kurt Burnette, said: ā€œOur investment in Aura is set to redefine the way streaming is delivered and consumed in Australia. It will create new advanced, flexible advertising solutions that will help brands get ahead of the competition and engage viewers in hyper-contextualised, personalised and innovative new ways on 7plus.

ā€œAura is a disruptive digital player that will help marketers grab and hold the attention of younger audiences who have moved away from passive viewing and have grown up dual screening and in full control over what they watch, whenever they want. Its Twitch-style features will allow interactive elements that brands can use for different advertising and sponsorship opportunities.

ā€œOur partnership with Aura is the latest example of Sevenā€™s digital-focused strategy to invest in the future of media, push the boundaries of content delivery and find new ways to engage audiences at scale,ā€ Mr Burnette said.

Aura Chief Executive Officer, Antony Arena, said: ā€œWe are extremely excited to be working with the Seven Network to create the future of interactive entertainment and bringing our home-grown technology to Australian audiences and advertisers. We couldnā€™t have asked for a better partner in this market.ā€

Seven West Mediaā€™s investment in Aura, under its Seven West Ventures banner, was included in the companyā€™s 2021-22 financial results and aims to both enhance Sevenā€™s digital capability and help accelerate the growth of Aura through Sevenā€™s unbeatable scale and national audience reach. Commercial opportunities using Aura and 7plus are expected to roll-out in 2023.

1 Like

I donā€™t uderstand the point of the FAST channels half of them show content already available as VOD which is better to watch anyway as I can start the episode from the beginning instead of watching potentially mid episode on the live platform. Itā€™s a waste of bandwidth.

They have increased the amount of ads on the platform which is short sighted. People online are not going to sit through 3.5 to 4 minutes of ads in each break. Itā€™s a dreadful experience for the viewer and does no favours to advertisers whoā€™s ads get lost in the crowd. Yes itā€™s a fine balance but a BVOD platform is not broadcast TV.

I would argue the ad breaks on the broadcast service are too long and should have been adjusted down to no more than 3 minutes at the beginning of the FTV downturn. Without adding additional breaks.

3 Likes

Iā€™d say itā€™s catering to those who donā€™t necessarily want to think, or make a decision about, what to watch. You could apply the same argument to streaming radio online when you already have a library full of music that you could choose from

5 Likes

Does anyone know how the rights work between 7plus/Channel 7 and iwonder? I noticed they have the iwonder channel and some of the content OnDemand. Is it that they have rights to all the content and are just holding back from releasing it? Or do they only have partial rights regarding OnDemand iwonder content?

1 Like

Exactly, thereā€™s way too much choice on all the services and often I donā€™t know what I want to watch, I just want to have something I can flick on and zone out with - some of the FAST channels are great for that sort of thing and theyā€™re cheap to run. I can just flick through and go for the police channel and it doesnā€™t matter if Iā€™m getting Highway Patrol or Motorbike Cops etcā€¦ itā€™s just something easy to pass the time and not think when Iā€™m knackered.

3 Likes

How about a home and away all seasons collection you used to broadcast it up to 1996

1 Like