7plus

7+ must be doing a good job of advertising on the main channel and multis, with my 81yo mother commenting, “there’s a lot of good shows on 7+ but I don’t get that channel on my tv.” God bless her, lol.

10 Likes

1 Like

6 Likes

The Lizzie Borden Chronicles

28 July 2022 7AM

Fictionalized account of actual events and people surrounding Lizzie Andrew Borden after her controversial acquittal of the double murder of her father and stepmother in 1892.

1 Like

I never understood the one tv show channel, I know Plex does this and Pluto TV does, but it sounds just like laziness of 7’s part.

Laziness? To offer 30+ live streams of additional digital channels and curated content.

I think you’ve got the wrong idea about the point of these channels… obviously targeted toward the causal viewer who can tap in & out of those shows rather than have to sift through content and select an episode.

It doesn’t appeal to me personally, and I’m guessing it doesn’t to you, but it obviously works and is worth their time in doing with additional revenue coming from ads.

7+ is the biggest commercial BVOD service in Australia, I’m sure additional content helps.

9 Likes

It’s a bit of both. Fans of the shows would probably find them useful. But they are a bit of a space filler to make it look like there’s heaps of choice. Very little difference between tapping on SAS Australia streaming channel and the SAS Australia series page. One just doesn’t give you the control.

Out of all the catch-up services, 7plus leads the way by a long shot with keeping you hooked in. I think it’s great they’ve gone down the FAST route. Nine and 10 should start doing the same - especially Nine because I think they have the best UI for live streams. So fresh and easy to navigate.

9 Likes

Some new live streams have popped up, but these ones are curated for specific genres, kind of like multi-channels.

10 Likes

Hi everyone:

I am trying to change my location on 7+ to get Regional QLD streams, but when I click on t it says “Location not provided”. Can anyone help me?

I think it’s only capitals, right?

Location is based of IP, you can’t change to specific areas. However regional bulletins are available on-demand under the news tab.

1 Like

I was wondering how long 7Plus had shows for. Joan of Arcadia had a few weeks left of expiry but now says it has “over a year” expiry.

Will be interested to see if Everybody Hates Chris does the same … oddly I also found the first 2 seasons on Tubi.

A couple more FAST channels have been added:

• Action Hollywood Movies
  • Equestrian Channel
  • Pulse Doumentaries
  • Rialto

Also spotted another 7plus ‘multi’ channel, as reported a few posts up, but on Fetch only:

Fetch FTA AVC Channels

4 Likes

PeopleTV and Nashville have been removed. Another multi-channel has also popped up:

3 Likes

Is 7 plus in HD

1 Like

720p

2 Likes

Seven announces senior 7plus programming appointments

The Seven Network today announced senior content appointments across its market-leading, free streaming platform, 7plus.

The new programming structure across 7plus is designed to accelerate Seven’s digital audience growth and cement 7plus as Australia’s #1 home of the best, exclusive hit content available on any BVOD service.

Richard Henson, previously Director of Content Sales, has been promoted to an expanded role as Director of Distribution and Content Partnerships. He joined Seven in 2015, working across the sale and distribution of Seven’s programming IP including finished tape sales, format licensing agreements and co-production deals.

Reporting to Seven’s Director of Content Scheduling, Brook Hall, Mr Henson is now responsible for the strategy and development of 7plus’ growing FAST channels ecosystem, as well as managing device and distribution partnerships across the network. In this newly created role, Mr Henson joins the Seven programming team but will continue to manage the sale and distribution of Seven’s extensive catalogue of award-winning television content to broadcasters and media platforms around the world.

Homi Razi, in her role as Head of 7plus Programming, has taken on expanded responsibility for the content and distribution strategy across 7plus. Ms Razi has more than 15 years’ experience and expertise in content, scheduling, product management and digital marketing across Seven and Yahoo!7.

Andrew Green, previously Head of Content, 7plus, has been promoted to the new role of Head of 7plus Content and Acquisitions, extending his responsibilities across content strategy, planning and acquisitions for 7plus. As a key member of the Seven programming team for over 20 years, Mr Green brings a highly valued broadcast and digital perspective to the role and remains responsible for daytime programming strategies across Channel 7 and 7plus.

Seven’s Chief Content Officer, Entertainment Programming, Angus Ross, said: “Richard, Homi and Andrew have been instrumental in the success of Seven’s content strategy and 7plus, with proven experience in driving innovative programming and impactful partnerships across the business.

“Their new expanded roles are pivotal to Seven’s digital acceleration strategy as we supercharge streaming on 7plus and continue to provide viewers with the very best line-up of exclusive, unmissable hit shows available for free in Australia.

“After shattering Australian streaming records last year, 7plus continues to attract unrivalled mass audiences across its broad range of drama, entertainment, news and sport content.

“Along with our incredible new content, 7plus boasts an extensive library of exclusive and classic content, along with an ever-changing line-up of curated pop-up FAST channels,” said Mr Ross.

So far this year, 7plus has streamed more than 9.8 billion minutes of content. Excluding Olympic weeks, 7plus has increased its total live and on-demand streaming year-on-year by 10%.

3 Likes

I had a “watchlist” message pop up when I logged in on my tv. Is that new?

2 Likes

What app?

I saw an ad saying stream big this summer and saw kaley cuoco from 8 simple rules…wonder if that show is coming.

It is on disney plus but missing Season 3.

Can home and away the early years be put on 7+ is this a good idea?