7plus

I’ve thought why would someone watch it like that, surely they wouldn’t? Makes me wonder if it’s just another promotion strategy to push views for those shows. Having rich libraries helps. Clive Dickens (former Seven digital chief) once publicly posted online that Heelers had become 7Plus’ (at the time) biggest show.

Yeah it’s a bit of a gimmick. It bolsters their live channel options I guess. They do this on Fetch with a 7+ linear channel, but it showcases a number of shows and is a good way to get eyeballs on their content and attract viewers over to the 7+ app, so it makes sense. These ones are a bit pointless in comparison.

Just for the record, these are the channels we’re talking about:

• Better Homes & Gardens
  • Big Brother
  • Blue Heelers
  • Holey Moley
  • SAS Australia
  • Supercars Replays
  • TCR Replays
  • Ultimate Tag
  • WSL Finals
3 Likes

I’m fairly certain they get shorter. My experience has been breaks that long are rare.

Pre-rolls are standard on all free platforms…not quite sure what the issue is.

Thats a lot of work for very little reward, at least for now (on the news side). And as somone else pointed out, 7 doesn’t have digital rights for many of their sports.

Those Fetch channels (think there’s one for the various catchup services + for some of the Fetch exclusive channels like BBC Brit & Oxygen) aren’t linear channels but rather playlist channels. While they appear in the TV Guide, they’re merely fancy playlists in that selecting the channel takes you to (in this case) the 7+ app and the page for the program currently ‘scheduled’ to air. The same thing happens if you select a program scheduled to ‘air’ in the future.

4 Likes

The 7plus app has been updated to include the Olympics rings in the icon image.

3 Likes

7 News Sunshine Coast is missing the first 10 minutes of the bulletin on 7plus

The first 2 seasons of Everybody Hates Chris have been added. It was previously on 10 All Access but missing seasons and also episodes . From memory it started at Episode 2 of Season 1 lol.

I couldn’t even find all seasons on Itunes last time I checked several months back.

iTunes lacks Season 1 and only has Seasons 2-4

1 Like
1 Like

App seems to be down:

1 Like

It’s probably all the Mediaspy members jumping onto 7Plus to catch a glimpse of the new Seven News Graphics :crazy_face:

11 Likes

Just an fyi, that ‘error message’ occurs all the time, try closing the app or forcing a stop or change location and tends to fix it instantly. Also having to log-in again seems to occur.

1 Like

Good Girls Revolt I noticed appeared on 7Plus.

1 Like

Saw this advertisement on 7Plus, interesting.

3 Likes

I see they have updated the 7NEWS title-cards within the image also.

2 Likes

7Plus Promo

6 Likes

Good Girls Revolt is an interesting one. When Amazon launched Prime Video in June 2018 in Australia this show was missing despite it being by then a cancelled series. Maybe something to do with Sony being also a distributor and also one of the production companies Tristar TV. I’m just guessing .

Seven has flagged they’re looking to make further investments in programming for 7plus and evolve the platform into a subscriptions offering at their investor and trading update today.

6 Likes

I always felt this would be the natural evolution.

1 Like

Considering Seven has talked about getting into the SVOD space for ages without actually doing anything, I’ll frankly only believe it when something is properly announced. For example, Seven were meant to introduce an SVOD component for 7Plus in 2018 but it ultimately never happened:

4 Likes