7plus

It’s the type of thing that should be on one of the premium streaming platforms not one of the ad-supported ones. Anyway, I’m surprised they haven’t bothered putting up any of the old H&A archives since they tend to put up a lot of their old drama stuff.

Surely more content available for free is a win for viewers?

As has been discussed many times, there are differences with rights between SVOD services and then BVOD and Seven obviously picked up the latter rights.

From what I can tell, Shamless is on Netflix in Australia anyway, so it’s there to watch ad free if people want.

2 Likes

To their credit 7 and 9 are providing very good quality content on their respective catch-up services I wish I could say the same for 10 but their are lagging behind big time.

Yeah, 7/9 have always been ahead of 10 on the digital front - though to be fair 10 has been slowly adding more depth to the library on 10 Play. Just depends what you’re interested in I guess.

I haven’t checked 10Play in a while. I still hold out hope they will put up old episodes on Neighbours but I doubt it’s ever going to happen.

Past seasons are on 10 All Access, but it’s not a full library. It would probably have to do with royalties I guess as to why lots of old dramas never make it onto streaming services.

2 Likes

Shameless USA i reckon is more of a show I’d expect to see on SBS on Demand.

They have 6 seasons of Sons and Daughters though .

Especially since SBS aired the UK version.

And they had all of A Country Practice up somewhat recently as well.

1 Like

I tried 7 with subtitles on 7plus

3 Likes

Almost has a Netflix layout now on the browser

1 Like

So Seven has a “subtitled” stream (Channel 7 Live TV - Stream & Watch Free TV Online at 7 plus Live | 7plus):
But it appears to be the Perth feed but not subtitled?

Normal Perth stream on left, Subtitled/“ML” stream on right:

Completely different ads except they are both Perth targeted and the last ad break they both showed the Fatcat Goodnight message.

5 Likes

I just tried it. There were preroll ads, about 5 seconds of program then about 12 minutes of ads and promos before it went back to the movie, including multiple AAMI ads and Olympic promos. And there are no subtitles!

2 Likes

I’m getting missing tile images on 7Plus now on the Apple TV , reloading the app, modem/ deleting and reinstalling the app doesn’t change it either

Doesn’t happen on any other catchup apps,

Problem is also on Apple Music’s app too.

I tried it again this morning. I don’t if it’s because I’m using my phone, but I get a whole load of ads. It’s definitely not an encouragement to use the app.

2 Likes

7plus has become better in recent months. When I’m watching Home and Away on the app, ads occur at the time they normally do when the episode airs on television, and even better, there are only two ads before the show comes back on.

Whatever was wrong with the 7plus app on my phone it is now fixed, and I’m now not getting endless advertising.

There are now two subtitled channels - 7 and 7mate, with multiple languages available.

3 Likes

Why does 7+ have so many streams?

Endless Better Homes and Gardens channel, endless Big Brother channel, and a double up of 7 and 7mate?

3 Likes

With closed captions in multiple languages.

Ah ok, that’s quite good. How long has it been around?

Because why not? Probably took them a few minutes to setup and the bandwidth cost would be minimal. If it gets more eyeballs using the service for longer it has done the job intended.

8 Likes