7plus

i think iwonder has just been addedi know it hasnt been there the last few days

2 Likes
2 Likes

Huge day for 7plus on Monday with its first time streaming of the Oscars.

3 Likes

Isn’t that roughly 18k viewers? assuming it ran for 3hrs

It would look more impressive if they counted seconds viewed. I reckon more people in Australia probably watched highlight clips on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.

I find info from Seven regarding their streaming hasn’t usually translated into good numbers when the Live VPM numbers are released by OzTAM.

2 Likes

An ad for SBS on 7Plus last night.

8 Likes

There’s something obviously not right about the thumbnail for yesterday’s 7 News Adelaide bulletin on 7plus, but I can’t quite put my finger on it … /sarcasm. :rofl: Do you see it? Hint: who’s face do you see?

5 Likes

Some Moomba / Olympic qualifying sport.

1 Like

Piss poor… Was watching the movie “Bastille Day” (2016) on 7Plus (there’s even a promo for it, premiered on 7mate weeks ago and is a proper film). You know how Seven usually always remove the end credits from their movies, well they’ve uploaded this version (which they obviously made as the master copy in their system), as it cut straight to just the movie title and the StudioCanal logo and ended, with Seven’s editing work fading out the start of the end credits song over that.

Freeze Frame is a custom creative, non-intrusive user-initiated ad experience that appears when a viewer presses pause whilst watching 7plus content across connected TVs and on web. Freeze Frame allows brands to deliver relevant messaging to the 7plus audience during a natural, user-determined break.

The trial of Freeze Frame commences on 7plus on Sunday 8th March, with Westpac as the brand featured. The Freeze Frame will be available to the market in April and will be exclusively available to Olympic Partners and Sponsors during the Games.

Come on, can’t Seven allow us to pause programs without another interruption? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

This feature is nothing new, TVNZ On Demand here in New Zealand already does.

How is it an interruption if it’s only shown during a user determined break? Rather than a freeze frame of whatever is shown on screen, you’ll see an ad displayed and then the stream will start again as soon as you resume play.

1 Like

I would rather have a freeze frame as it is, without any ads.

Sure, but 7 have gotta pay the bills somehow for offering a free Ad supported service.

I’d rather this, than more ads throughout the stream.

Honestly don’t think it’s that big of a deal.

4 Likes

If anything, given how unobtrusive this appears to be I wonder how effective it actually is

yeah i dont think an ad for westpac is going to get me to swich banks lol

1 Like

Any tips on how to change region with 7plus on Samsung TV?

7Plus have (in recent days), at least it appears, inserted their own ‘digital’ ad breaks 100% across all Live Streams.

You used to be able to Live Stream the raw ad breaks (on terrestrial broadcast) most (but not all) of the time, in whatever market. Was quite handy for us MS-ers to qualify discussions, double check things, cap in good quality and post various presentation caps, or simply just perv on other markets for curiosity.

I’ll tag @TV.Cynic @Abesty @WAtvVideos who sometimes post Seven caps, just so they’re aware and can keep more of an eye out, as they have the technology. As a general observation, caps for other networks (especially Nine and 10) seem to be covered more/better by others anyway.

You could try downloading an (Android) ‘fake my GPS’ app (which works well for me and I think @WAtvVideos used it), make sure you have other location services switched off if possible, then open the app.

You get whatever metro market (and in the case of Seven O&O regional Queensland - 7QLD stations too), works for 7Plus and 9Now. But not 10 Play, in fact 10 Play you can change location in their settings, but even that doesn’t work properly.

@Sully thanks for letting us know. Disappointing to hear the raw ad breaks aren’t available. Is this both for the promos and commercials in the breaks?

Last week I also noticed that the streams for the main Channel Seven in the capital cities was available in 720p HD, which was great. But then by mid week it went back to being 504p :frowning:

2 Likes

edited

Yes, the entire ad breaks, from program fade out to fade in.

I tried opening and closing 7Plus and the ‘fake my GPS’ app both times, both local market without the fake GPS app and with the app (Adelaide - 30min delay) and they were all the 7Plus tailored ads. I also tried quickly stopping and starting one stream for another and quickly closing and reopening 7Plus (which always used to work to get the terrestrial raw ad break back, when 7Plus did the occasional tailored ad break) but that didn’t work either.

Also sometimes trying a different device used to work, for some reason either the operating system and/or 7Plus software used to be different amongst different devices when stop/starting streams. But that didn’t work either, oddly enough the other device just aired a ‘black screen’ with no ads! (So looks like I managed to find the terrestrial broadcast raw ad breaks loop-hole on this device, but it wouldn’t play them).

Anyway…