7plus

Pity it can’t be broadcast even if on 7Two/Mate/Flix but perhaps that costs more

2 Likes

Good to see, as the complete box sets that were released this year were way out of my price range :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That CW show Life Sentence which began last night on 7, just noticed the whole season has been put on 7Plus.

It is a bizarre sitaution, in that I don’t believe they’ve re-run it often if not ever at all since first runs concluded 12 years ago? Must’ve been silly enough not to secure re-run rights with Southern Star (now Endemol) from the get go?

Defunct Hallmark channel used to have re-runs for years, watched them at a mates house.

And BVOD exclusivity also acts as a lure to the platform.

And yes would be more money for sure, but I reckon on a channel like 7flix one night or stipped or even afternoon re-runs would be very popular.

Didn’t they do daytime reruns? Or was that while it was still on air?

2 Likes

Like a sixth sense… @TelevisionAU just helped a bit with his upload from today in 2006 :raised_hands: Blue Heelers re-run weekday afternoon, however yes as @OnAir wondered, first runs still that year (last year).

Series 13 on 7TWO in May 2014. From TV Tonight:

Series 12 was shown at the beginning of the year.

1 Like

Thank you for that, hope you didn’t go out of your way just for that though.

Still, season 12 and 13, not exactly ‘glory days’.

1 Like

It’s on Wikipedia, so it was relatively easy to find the guide at TV Tonight to confirm that.

2 Likes

*citation needed :wink:

1 Like

7flix and Racing.com live streams are all of a sudden down/missing from 7Plus. Anyone know what’s happened?

1 Like

They were there earlier tonight and working, so yeah strange. However both channels are still streaming on the Freeview FV app fine.

1 Like

Called Seven and they put me through to digital, they told me:

“The outage to our live streams last night was planned due to some unforeseen maintenance issues, all live streams should be fully restored now”.

1 Like

If it was unforeseen, how was it planned? :thinking:

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly!

I think they meant maybe a couple of days ago some unforeseen maintenance issues arose and planned for last night to be the night they fix the issue?

1 Like

This never eventuated ?

Over the coming months new content partners will be added with NBCUniversal, Disney and Discovery content coming to the service, along with Warner Brothers too.

Of most interest though is the move to adding a paid subscription layer. While existing catch-up content will remain free to view, it appears from the report published at the financial results that a paid subscription will give users access to exclusive pre-broadcast shows, offline downloads as well as HD content.

I noticed this on instagram and thought i’d ask if you think it is appropriate for a network to be using actors jailed for sexual assault in social media promos? The All Saints actor is doing time and don’t think networks should actively promote talent convicted of crimes like this. Kevin Spacey hasn’t even been convicted but Netflix have removed him from all promotional material, while retaining the episodes featuring him.

Nearly 60 million streaming minutes on 7plus last week :open_mouth:

2 Likes

In B&T, Seven Network’s network head of digital sales, James Bayes said:

I wonder if that means the 7plus app on Fetch will soon require a login.

I wouldn’t think so because you’re already using your fetch login so they know who you are.