7plus

Some caps from my end in Melbourne (GPS faked to Sydney)…

Obviously I wouldn’t be having “Red” on Ch 7, it’d be AFL, of should I say a Border Security re-run.

And wa la :sunglasses: (Bruce Willis can’t believe it either!)

Should be mentioned, it’s advised you switch location quality to “GPS only”, as moblie networks/location services might disrupt still :+1:

Hopefully some members will appreciate this neat as trick. I haven’t tried 9Now live streams yet?

2 Likes

Thank you very much again @Sully and @Nicholas. I really didn’t know Apple was like that. Luckily I have found that somehow, for me, the Gold Coast 2018 live feed is actually on Sydney’s feed so by this little ‘accidental discovery’, I think things should be fine with me now.

2 Likes

Are you trying to say “Voilà”? :joy: You need to be clear otherwise it leads to meltdowns. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Why yes, indeed I am, thank you J Bar.

@Mitchell_Nock - if you can promise to be nice for a few days then I’ll suggest you download the “Location Guard” extension in Chrome. It’s a little bit clunky to use but is the best solution that I have found to get around Seven’s petty geoblocking.

3 Likes

Look, I will have you know that I just downloaded this exact extension on my chrome browser and it ain’t working when I go to 7plus, it still only shows the WA feed so for me it doesn’t get around their geoblocking. I don’t know how you got it to work.

This thread is wild. Who would’ve known that people hate Perth so much??

2 Likes

Some say hate; the rest say indifferent.

1 Like

You need to stop being so aggressive and standoffish!! If you can’t get it to work then ask for help rather than being a dickhead.

You need to do a few things to get it working (I did say in my post that it was a bit clunky to use):

1. Open the “fixed location” tab in the options menu and drop the pin in the location where you want 7plus to think you are.
  2. Now go to 7plus and in the drop down menu go to “set level” then select “use fixed location”.
  3. You will probably then need to refresh your location data on the live streaming page by clicking the “not your location?” button.

If that doesn’t work for you then it’s a problem at your end, works every time for me.

9 Likes

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your help here. But how dare you say that I’m being rude!! I just constantly get annoyed that it takes having to act like this to get the sort of answer I was asking for. I’m sorry if I offended anyone.

Funny you should use the word ‘standoffish’, it reminds me of one of my favourite book series, ‘A Series of Unfortunate Events’. I know this isn’t the place to be discussing this but you brought up the word. I don’t think you mean to use this word either, I’m not trying to be like that at all!!

This thread makes my head bleed.

6 Likes

If you get the right “fake your GPS” app, then you can actually set it to go back to a time before these posts were even made.

I’d tell people my other time travel jokes but none of you liked them when I told them next year anyway.

13 Likes

Maybe he can tell us last year and save us a lot of angst? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’m going to try and be as nice as I possibly can so as not to upset you. I did those exact steps mentioned above, set a pin for around the Sydney area for the fixed location, set the 7plus tab to use the fixed location with this exact extension, refreshed my location data using that button and the 7plus app is still not reacting. It says ‘Not your location’ and ‘Location not provided’ when I press it but nothing at all changed with the feed. I can’t imagine it can be something wrong on my end. If it works for you it should work for me and I can’t be that unfortunate to be the one person who it doesn’t work for. Are you sure there wasn’t one small detail you missed out in your steps above? I am kindly asking for your help here, I’m so sorry for being rude earlier but I’m just getting frustrated at Seven for making my job so hard now to access other state’s feeds when we could so easily change our postcode with the old Plus7 which I believe was much better than the shit that is the new 7Plus where I can’t even block ads with my ad blocker extension like I used to be able to do.

Now, about the state of the thread. I’m so sorry that the thread has to be this way but message for you moderators, it’s the way it has to be if I am unable to privately message other members with these questions because of how you have damn well blocked me from doing that sort of thing amongst other things on this site. And there is no use trying to say that me acting like this is the reason why I’m still being blocked because I will continue to be annoyed until you unblock me, that’s the way it is. Then I will be much happier and not make threads run wild like this if I can privately message members the questions I want to ask them specifically like in this scenario here, do you understand? Again, I am only acting this way because I am so annoyed at things, especially how I am not being treated fairly on here when all I’ve done is try to give my honest opinions on TV related topics, isn’t that what the forum is for.

They’re doing this for a reason, to protect their FTA product on TV in each individual state and probably for some rights reasons too.

12 Likes

Well they had no problem with this from when they first launched their live streaming in October 2015 until this new ‘7Plus’ launched at the end of last year so what’s changed now? Their declining ratings?

Probably didn’t expect so many people to try and circumvent their website so they could watch The Daily Edition a couple of hours early.

12 Likes

perhaps they did have a problem with it, hence the change.

And Channel 7 does not have an obligation or a duty to provide you with “easy” access to non-market channels. As @OnAir said they are probably just protecting their FTA product which is their total right to do.

7 Likes

Well, why would it have taken them this long to do something about it? They could have chosen to protect it ever since they launched it but they kept it open instead…

Well it seems they haven’t now, so have to just accept it.

7 Likes