3 Likes

Coming to Thursday 26 October on 7Mate

07:30 PM Family Guy Season 22 Premiere
08:00 PM Family Guy S22 E02
08:30 PM American Dad S18 E06
09:00 PM American Dad S18 E07
09:30 PM Darradong Local Council Series Premiere

4 Likes

Great to see new seasons of FG/AD back on FTA. Would Simpsons eps still air on Thursdays? or would they be pushed back.

Rest of night:

10:00 PM The Simpsons 32-16
10:30 PM The Simpsons 32-17
11:00 PM The Simpsons 32-18
11:30 PM The Simpsons 32-19
12:00 AM It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia 16-05

4 Likes

A very strong young skewing night of programming. Looks very good.

2 Likes

Swamp People: Serpent Invasion

Monday 23 October 8:30 PM

Invasive Burmese pythons are taking over the Florida Everglades and devouring everything in sight. The only way to stop them is to call in the nation’s best swampers to capture the sinister beasts.

2 Likes

This, as well as Duck Dynasty and Mountain Men will replace 7mate’s long-running Monday night movie, at least for now (save for poor ratings).

Comedy, corruption and cancel culture

Pauly Fenech returns with new adults-only comedy Darradong Local Council

Aussie comedy legend Pauly Fenech (Fat Pizza, Housos, Bogan Hunters) is back with a brand new slapstick series Darradong Local Council, premiering 9.30pm Thursday, 26 October on 7mate and 7plus.

Shining a light on the corrupt council of Darradong Shire, Fenech stars as outrageous council worker Fox, whose excessive bludging, inappropriate behaviour and NSFW antics have created a media frenzy.

The nine-part series explores how corruption rears it’s head across all departments of council life, including workplace sex scandals, inappropriate use of council funds and drug testing.

Fenech leads the all-star cast alongside George Kapiniaris (Mayor Theo), Melissa Tkautz (Tanya), Vince Sorrenti (Vinnie) and social sensation Jon-Bernard Kairouz (Feraz).

Darradong Local Council is produced for the Seven Network by Antichocko Productions.

Darradong Local Council Premieres 9.30pm Thursday, 26 October on 7mate and 7plus

:nauseated_face:

Overstating it just a touch

4 Likes

Saw a promp before, notably omitting Simpsons in the featured which was first-run FG and AD (but Simpson family silhouette is in the end-tag).

Anyone watch Darradong Local Council tonight? Most of the regular actors from Housos, Swift and Shift Couriers and Pizza were in it, playing different characters. Same old, different location.

Side note: the council building is actually Petersham Town Hall (in Sydney’s Inner West). I assume that the “fight scenes” were filmed out west towards Fairfield?

Completly forgot about it was it any good?

Looks like they are burning it off already (Darradong Local Council). Double episode scheduled for 9.30pm next Thursday, followed by three episodes of The Simpsons.

1 Like

I’ll put money on that it’s the same re-hashed characters as seen in Pizza/Swift and Shift/Housos.

Probably, Fenech has been running the same formula for nearly 25 years now and while it worked in the 2000s its old and dated now and I am someone who loves the first 3 seasons of Pizza and really liked Swift & Shift (never liked Housos)

Must be cheap content for 7 to keep showing his tv shows . Since his shows moved to 7Mate I thought they wouldn’t rate that well .

1 Like

I think his shows are tailormade for the 7mate audience, It’s very much pushed as a “bogan” channel and the Fenech shows very much play into that audience.

4 Likes

Swamp People: Serpent Invasion - Season 2

Monday 20 November 8:30 PM Follows straight on from season one.

Invasive Burmese pythons are taking over the Florida Everglades and devouring everything in sight. The only way to stop them is to call in the nation’s best swampers to capture the sinister beasts.

Thursday 23 November Darradong Local Council finishes up with the second episode on the night at 10:05pm description:

This series finale is a mix of interviews, highlights, and the original pilot for the series.

2 Likes

The Darradong Local Council final is on tonight. The first episode was the actual final. The second episode (which is on now in Sydney and Melbourne) is a behind the scenes show. The EPG synopsis says: the series finale us a mix of interviews highlights and the original pilot for the series"

I didn’t watch the previous episode tonight, but did watch about half of the series. I expected it to be crap, going by the last season of Housos and Pizza, but it actually wasn’t too bad. Sure, its not a high brow show, but had a handful of chuckles here and there. I’m not expecting a second season though…

1 Like