7mate - Programs and Schedules

line-up change

From Thursday week:

Double Air Crash Investigations and Close Encounters etc gone, as movie re-runs return (Battleship and Dredd). However, one ep of Air Crash remains at 7:30pm.

Originally changed when Thursday AFL was airing for non-AFL markets on main channel there (used to just be x3 H&A and a movie), but not sure they worked that well, with multiple bad (for this channel) 1% shares on Thursdays so far this survey.

1 Like

Just noticed no first run (or repeat) Storage Wars tonight? Replaced with double Motorway Patrol re-runs, followed by the usual movie (the latter still had the “warsome Mondays” promos but looked edited to detail the movies and remove the Storage which was previously featured). Were they not rating well? Or some other reason, wonder if strategic to shift eyes over to main ch for Blow Up? @TV.Cynic

American Pickers - Season 18

From Monday 29 May 6:00 PM

Mike and his crew of experts attempt to pull off impossible restorations no others would attempt.

2 Likes

Season 18 of American Pickers aired in the U.S. from late 2017 - early 2018. I didnt realise that we are that far behind.

Im assuming that Foxtel has first rights to the newer seasons?

1 Like

Counting Cars - Season 7

From Monday 19 June 7:30 pm

Danny aka “The Count” and his skilled staff restores and modifies classic automobiles and motorcycles.
Ep 1: Brann Dailor, drummer for the Grammy winning heavy metal band Mastodon, brings in his 1970 Cadillac Coupe DeVille for some Counts Kustoms love. First aired in US 2017.

@TV.Cynic Just saw a promo before during HP on 7mate for “Arnie Mondays” (or was it “Schwarzenegger Mondays”) over “4 weeks” (think it was Seven staples True Lies, Predator plus Total Recall and The 6th Day - latter is a bit of a random choice!) While all old re-runs, the promo was new and at least fresh choices from their umpteenth ‘war marathon’ (which seems to last months) or ‘Rambo marathon’ or ‘Die Hard marathon’ etc

2 Likes

Season 15 of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia will be shown on Thursday late nights (or early Friday morning) from July 20. It premiered in the US in December 2021 and had eight episodes.

3 Likes

Finally, it’s getting an airing. The show is so underrated.

Such a shame with it’s late timeslot though. I understand it when it was on the main channel and a late offering. But thought given it’s a multi-channel, that a slightly earlier timeslot would be nice.

(on a side note though: i wonder why Sunny in Philadelphia only has the first 6 seasons available on DVD in Australia? Yes, i know DVD’s are a dying form, but some people still buy them , like myself. I’m old fashioned. lol)

3 Likes

Season 1 to 14 are available on premium vod (purchase) here, so must’ve just been a decision by Fox > Disney not worth to produce physical home media anymore a decade back.

Also, seems strange this is suddenly appearing again, m/c 7mate and late, all suggests must be obligatory (like part of a current or lapsing content supply agreement with Fox / Disney and had to be broadcast)?

And agree, very underrated, it’s brilliant and a rarity standing the test of time (same with Greys, etc)

2 Likes

Some playfulness from the promo department at the end of a Thursday Comedy Movie Night promo with the 7+ logo crashing down from the sky. Nice to see on occasion.

1 Like

What happened to the new show from Paul Fenech ?

Hopefully never to be seen.

I have noticed during Friday Night AFL post-match coverage every week the graphic for the next program (Armchair Experts) never includes WA which piqued my curiosity.

Looking at last night’s Perth schedule online, 7mate did have Armchair Experts immediately after the footy same as elsewhere so wonder why WA is not included on it.

2 Likes

Up until last night, IIRC, Seven opted for a movie on 7mate in Perth around 9:30pm on Fridays (after the AFL Post Game wraps), with a delayed Armchair Experts pushed back until late. I’m guessing due to, at least in the past, the movies did better than Armchair.

1 Like

In Perth, Armchair Experts has been directly after the game since the second week in June.

2 Likes

Seven Sport’s AFL production unit must’ve missed that memo, according to Aurora’s observation of a super.

1 Like

Just saw a promo for Local Council during Million Dollar Island. I’m at the gym and saw it up on the screens so couldn’t hear it. Looks like they renamed the show though. It’s now ‘Darradong Local Council’. I’m sure someone has recorded it.

1 Like

4 Likes

how funny :neutral_face:

Finally, an ad for the show. But by the looks of it, it looks like Paul Fenech’s other works. I will probably watch the first episode more just out of curiosity, as i was once a fan of his work.

But sadly, his work has been going downwards, instead of improving. As the “jokes” in recent works have been repeated ad nauseum, with no new “jokes” added. And this Council show will probably be the same. He also tends to reuse the same actors playing pretty much the same roles in every of his work.

2 Likes