7mate - Programs and Schedules

i’m a fan of Paul Fenech’s, but geez, the latest Pizza version wasn’t good. I didnt find it terrible, but wasn’t that far off it.

As for Housos, last season was alright, with the “coronavirus edition”. It was something different.

Shift and Swift Couriers was good, and that hasn’t been revived in a while…

2 Likes

I feel Swift and Shift likely didn’t hit as much with people as Pizza or Housos did so its probably why he doesn’t use it as much and why he always falls back on Pizza and Housos. I think Swift and Shift was better than Housos and better than Seasons 4 and 5 of Pizza.

1 Like

There were controversies over some of the storylines in Swift & Shift Couriers. The 2012 death of Ian Turpie who played one of the key characters (Operations Manager Keith Warne) is also likely to ensure that S&SC remains left in the past.

1 Like

Anything remotely interesting has controversies, we just have to live with it I’m afraid.

I know there are 2 episodes missing on the Season 1 DVD which I am fairly certain were the controversial episodes.

1 Like

Whatever happened to comedy "Fam Time? It was filmed over two years ago. If they’re not so confident in it, they could at least run it on 7mate.

3 Likes

Fat Pizza: Back in Business Season 2

Fat Pizza is back for another slice

Award-winning action comedy Fat Pizza is back in business on 7mate and 7plus

Pauly Falzoni (Pauly Fenech) returns to the notoriously dangerous suburb of Hashfield to reboot the knockout new season of cult Australian comedy Fat Pizza: Back in Business, coming soon to 7mate and 7plus.

After a year on the run, hiding in Mexico on a private island run by Jeffery Hepstein – a billionaire who faked his own death – Pauly returns to serve up some ethnic, bogan, burnout-fuelled cheesy pizza.

Pauly reopens the Fat Pizza shop with Bobo (Johnny Boxer), his old pizza chef, but Bobo’s PTSD gets in the way of a perfect opening.

The killer clown Ronnie McDoggle (George Kapiniaris) is hunting Pauly, the state suffers multiple lockdowns due to COVID-19 and Richard Head (Murray Harman), Pauly’s old nemesis on the police force, is out to get him.

Pauly battles gangs, artificial intelligence, crazy chefs, wild customers and corrupt officials. But as Pauly always says, “pizza delivery is a dangerous business”.

Fat Pizza is back in business, bigger and cheesier than ever before.

Coming soon to 7mate and 7plus

2 Likes

The animations have been removed from 7Mate, including the Animation Wednesday night.

1 Like

Returns August 11

1 Like

Yep, I think animations have been moved to 7flix permanently.

Fat Pizza: Back in Business Season 2

Wednesdays at 8:30 pm from 8 September

Followed by double episodes of Australia’s Sexiest Tradie.

1 Like

Double episodes. :roll_eyes:

Isn’t it “Australia’s Sexist Tradie”?

1 Like

Probably an accurate description of some who work in that industry! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As for Fat Pizza: Back in Business, you already know my opinions about that show but I’d be kind of interested to see if Gogglebox reviews an episode as reactions to the rather coarse humour from the likes of Mick & Di would be particularly interesting…

1 Like

Fat Pizza the episodes we are getting now as new , must have been filmed in 2018 ? because in the first episode last week, it had what looks like Annalise Braakensiek in it she passed away in January 2019.

They must have filmed more than 4 episodes back then.

Didn’t see last week’s episode, but is it possible that old footage was used?

1 Like

Her appearance was quite brief. She only appeared in one scene, and for less than 30 seconds too. The show did mention covid, although not as often as last years Housos Covid Series. So maybe a good chuck was filmed a while ago?

2 Likes

The new episode is cut down to 29 minutes rather than 50 (not complaining that was my gripe about the last season)… wondering if the episode was actually longer like last season and they cut it into 2 as the ending seems sudden on the new episode with the clown going into the tunnel and then 7 -2021 screen coming up.

Happy 11th Birthday 7mate! :cake: :cupcake:

4 Likes