7mate - Programs and Schedules

Outback Truckers - Season 9

From Tuesday 4 May at 8:30PM

Outback Truckers jumps in the cab with some of the men and women behind the wheel of monster road trains and reveals what life is really like on the wide-open road. Highly dramatic, often humorous, Outback Truckers reveals the true blue heart and soul of Aussie trucking.

1 Like

Simpsons Season 14 airing after Season 28 finishes on 7mate, however, it will be exclusively limited to M-rated episodes.

Wednesday 5th May 2021
7:30 pm - Large Marge (M, Sexual References and Adult Themes)
8:00 pm - The Great Louse Detective (M, Some Violence)
8:30 pm - Wad Goals (PG, Sexual References*)

*I think, as the Foxtel TV guide says that, unsure as I haven’t seen the rating yet, but I have for the two former episodes.

One of my favourite episodes and a great one, a nod to film noir and parodies the famous climactic ending of golden age classic “The Lady From Shanghai” starring Orson Welles.

Whoops, confusing with another good episode, the one I mentioned above is actually “The Man Who Knew Too Little”. Anyway, I knew the title was a favourite! So this one is actually the one where Sideshow Bob returns and helps Homer solve a mysterious figure, who turns out to be the son of a former infamous nemesis of Homer.

2 Likes

3 Likes

In an interview with Mediaweek, Seven director of programming Angus Ross reveals what’s coming to 7mate later this year.

After the Olympics we will have more Fat Pizza and Housos from Paul Fenech. We have a great new show from Rick Donald called Australia’s Sexiest Tradie.

Seven describes it as a fly-on-the-wall comedy about a plumber attempting to win the radio competition Australia’s Sexiest Tradie.

ffs…

1 Like

What about Regular Old Bogan?

1 Like

Housos was alright with those lockdown episodes but Pizza seemed like it shouldn’t have been revived.

I liked Regular Old Bogan, there was another show Rostered On , but never went past 2 seasons.

Instead of Netflix doing Byron Baesthey should fund Regular Old Bogan further seasons and Rostered On further seasons rather than Byron Baes, Tidelands etc. Could still air on 7mate first in Australia.

Personally, I think Paul Fenech needs to move on from both Fat Pizza (those November 2019 “Back in Business” episodes were horrendous) and Housos in favour of something new.

1 Like

Won’t happen… if he did, his fans would accuse him of “going PC/SJW/woke” or something like that

I only watched the first episode of the Pizza revival and thought it was terrible so I didn’t bother with the rest of it. Honestly, though I think Pizza stopped being good after the 3rd season in 2003.

2 Likes

Yeah, maybe.

But there’s only so much that can be done to rejuvenate Fat Pizza and Housos. Both shows have been around a long time now and especially in the case of the former, now barely resembles what it began as!

i’m a fan of Paul Fenech’s, but geez, the latest Pizza version wasn’t good. I didnt find it terrible, but wasn’t that far off it.

As for Housos, last season was alright, with the “coronavirus edition”. It was something different.

Shift and Swift Couriers was good, and that hasn’t been revived in a while…

2 Likes

I feel Swift and Shift likely didn’t hit as much with people as Pizza or Housos did so its probably why he doesn’t use it as much and why he always falls back on Pizza and Housos. I think Swift and Shift was better than Housos and better than Seasons 4 and 5 of Pizza.

1 Like

There were controversies over some of the storylines in Swift & Shift Couriers. The 2012 death of Ian Turpie who played one of the key characters (Operations Manager Keith Warne) is also likely to ensure that S&SC remains left in the past.

1 Like

Anything remotely interesting has controversies, we just have to live with it I’m afraid.

I know there are 2 episodes missing on the Season 1 DVD which I am fairly certain were the controversial episodes.

1 Like

Whatever happened to comedy "Fam Time? It was filmed over two years ago. If they’re not so confident in it, they could at least run it on 7mate.

3 Likes

Fat Pizza: Back in Business Season 2

Fat Pizza is back for another slice

Award-winning action comedy Fat Pizza is back in business on 7mate and 7plus

Pauly Falzoni (Pauly Fenech) returns to the notoriously dangerous suburb of Hashfield to reboot the knockout new season of cult Australian comedy Fat Pizza: Back in Business, coming soon to 7mate and 7plus.

After a year on the run, hiding in Mexico on a private island run by Jeffery Hepstein – a billionaire who faked his own death – Pauly returns to serve up some ethnic, bogan, burnout-fuelled cheesy pizza.

Pauly reopens the Fat Pizza shop with Bobo (Johnny Boxer), his old pizza chef, but Bobo’s PTSD gets in the way of a perfect opening.

The killer clown Ronnie McDoggle (George Kapiniaris) is hunting Pauly, the state suffers multiple lockdowns due to COVID-19 and Richard Head (Murray Harman), Pauly’s old nemesis on the police force, is out to get him.

Pauly battles gangs, artificial intelligence, crazy chefs, wild customers and corrupt officials. But as Pauly always says, “pizza delivery is a dangerous business”.

Fat Pizza is back in business, bigger and cheesier than ever before.

Coming soon to 7mate and 7plus

2 Likes