7Food Network

The reason for that is likely just because the content is from the Food Network, same as SBS Food Network currently.

No doubt 7 would’ve loved to have just called the channel 7Food but it’s probably a requirement of taking the content that the whole channel name is used along with the logo.

4 Likes

With a fifth channel, 7 will be almost unbeatable in the ratings.

1 Like

I agree that 7Food Network will likely be a national feed to start off with, before later establishing separate local feeds for advertising purposes.

2 Likes

I don’t really like the name “7food network”.

Perhaps V/O will interchange names verbally, as see on Seven’s other channels?
(e.g.) “tonight on Two” or “flix” (i.e.) “7food” or just “food”.

Considering the exact reason why this channel exists in the first place(Scripps), I think Seven will be forced to use the whole name, even verbally.

7 Likes

Which raises my next question, I wonder if V/O will say “on the 7food network” (which I think reads better) or just “on 7food network”? Semantics I know.

1 Like

It might just take a few extra days to get the 7QLD multiplexes adjusted for the new channel. Even in metro areas, the service isn’t set up correctly yet.

1 Like

EPG on 7Food appears to be a simulcast of 7 from 12 noon today, well at least in Sydney.

Still an empty screen in Adelaide.

Yep. One netoworked channel so far it seems… in all fronts

1 Like

I wonder if MediaHub is handling play out for this channel?

1 Like

It’d have to be wouldn’t it? BCM couldn’t even handle 7flix.

1 Like

Well they couldn’t handle at least 6 versions of 7flix. Maybe they can handle a single national channel?

2 Likes

Probably MH until they have their new dedicated playout facility in Sydney that Nine is going halvies with.

2 Likes

7food network actually has a video and audio stream in Sydney now. The video is 640x576i H264 at about 1 Mbps and the audio is about 48kbps HE-AAC.

Nothing on my TV in Melbourne.

There might be a video/audio stream currently allocated to 7Food Network here in Sydney, but there’s no content running so you aren’t missing out on much.

The other night when I tried to retune my Topfield STB, the channel didn’t came up. Tonight, when I did a rescan, it finally came up onto the list.

I’ve got the channel in the list though.
It probably doesn’t matter as I probably won’t be watching too much of it anyway :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve had it for a few days in Melbourne. No video and no audio, but the TV still picks up the data stream and scans it in

1 Like