7Food Network

Of course. They copy each other like always. I’m going to predict 9Flex - Australia’s first free-to-air fitness channel.

17 Likes

Or 9Aldi, Australia’s first grocery shopping channel. Premieres at 4:20 in Ayr, near Townsville.

10 Likes

9Fux

Which is of course devoted to New Zealand programming.

7 Likes

9Cocks?
24/7 dedicated farming channel.

3 Likes

That’ll do.

3 Likes

They should put on the old show or remake Surprise Chef with Aristos Papandroulakis.

3 Likes

How about a reboot of Surprise Chef where randoms just bust into unsuspecting houses to see what they’re cooking. :laughing:

6 Likes

Happened across this by accident after re-watching his infamous Bogan Gate tour. :joy:

9 Likes

7food is now showing up on the 7 mux in Sydney:

• Logical channel 7 = MPEG service 1312 (7 Sydney)
  • Logical channel 70 = MPEG service 1316 (7HD Sydney)
  • Logical channel 71 = MPEG service 1313 (7 Sydney)
  • Logical channel 72 = MPEG service 1314 (7TWO Sydney)
  • Logical channel 73 = MPEG service 1315 (7mate Sydney)
  • Logical channel 74 = MPEG service 1319 (7food network)
  • Logical channel 76 = MPEG service 1317 (7flix Sydney)
  • Logical channel 78 = MPEG service 1320 (RACING.COM)

And EPG data:

Starts: 11/2/2018 6:00:00 AM
Length: 23:59:00
EIT Source: n/a
Name: 7food network - Starts December 1
Description:

Description Source: DVB Short Event
Descriptor: Content Descriptor
Content: undefined content (user 0x0/0x0)

4 Likes

And in Melbourne:

1 Like

Good pick up! :wink:

Of course there’s no video/audio stream allocated to the channel at the moment, but one would imagine that LCN-78 will be lit up with a placeholder once SBS Food Network is rebranded as SBS Food or sometime after.

The lowercase branding is really bothering me

just checked and nothing for prime7

Keep checking. I’m sure it’ll be there any day now. It only took them 18 months to launch 7Flix on Prime. Something to look forward to in 2020.

5 Likes

That’s weird. I just retuned my MPEG-4 capable STB & 7food hasn’t come up after rescanning. :confused:
I’m in Sydney.

EDIT: Just rescanned the Samsung TV on the other bedroom & 7food came up.

Same goes for Adelaide. Slightly surprised there’s no placeholder card, they could give 7flix’s “A New Channel is Coming Soon” card another spin.

Service available in Brisbane but not regional Queensland.

1 Like

Interesting. I can definitely remember seeing 7’s a new channel is coming card in NQ before 7flix launched, and it launched here same day as metro.
Maybe 7food won’t launch here same day as metro.

I mean, they still haven’t been able to give us 7HD yet either, so I shouldn’t be too surprised

2 Likes

The fact that it has “network” in the LCN name suggests to me that it will be the same feed nationally eg. same programmes and ads everywhere?

1 Like

It may be one national feed (the same as RACING.COM) but I would Imagine such a setup would only be temporary until they have the capacity in house to have seperate capital city + RQLD feeds

1 Like