7Food Network

That should last all of 5 minutes…

2 Likes

you’ve overestimated that by 6 minutes.

5 Likes

And I’ll bet they broadcast it in MPEG2. So god knows how bad that will look with so little bandwidth available!

A bit like 7flix’s unwatchable blurriness (for a “movie” channel). And its over-compressed / over-processed audio.

2 Likes

But don’t forget that includes the recaps of the scene you just saw as well :grimacing:

2 Likes

You forgot MKR: The Leftovers

1 Like

Half of the contestants and judges disappear into thin air during a dinner party and spend the rest of the season grieving or joining a chain-smoking cult?

You forgot My Kitchen Rules. (as in the new season to air on 7Food and not Seven).

3 Likes

Perhaps 7Food could do a 20 to 1-style countdown program of the “Most Memorable Contestant Catfights” from My Kitchen Rules for those who like that type of thing? Because I swear MKR (or MBR) is more about fighting than food! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

LOL I agree, you’d need to stretch it out by adding Opening Titles & Closing Credits! :smiley:

5 Likes

7-8 minutes?

Nah…still get around 6 minutes. Remember accelerated flow?

1 Like

Hahaha. There’s so much love for MKR (+ related shows) and this new channel around here :stuck_out_tongue:

I know we’re all joking about it, but I can so see 7Food doing this. They’ll start off with “regular programming”, and by months end, they will fill it with endless MKR (and related shows)…!!! And wont see another show there at all. LOL.

2 Likes

The only two good cooking shows are Mystery Diners and Huey The Parsley Fiend.

Unless Seven comes up with one called Pete Evans Activates The Wrong Almonds. :wink:

2 Likes

Seven are expecting good daytime audiences for 7Food, and are promising Food Network programs that were not shown on the SBS channel, it seems, and international versions of shows such as My Kitchen Rules.

Here:

1 Like

You guys were right. It is going to be a MKR channel.

7 Likes

Hopefully overloading with MKR will kill it.

2 Likes

Wasted fourth channel if you ask me… lol
Definitely will be over saturated with my kitchen rules content. I would like to know where they get this information saying that there is room for a fourth channel? I mean viewing habits have changed, I cant envison anyone from MediaSpy watching 7Food 24/7 without a bathroom break or a lunchbreak… let alone Australian television viewers :slight_smile:

6:00am on 7food: Don’t wanna watch Sunrise? Well we have our own breakfast show… The Big Breakfast, a 3 hour live show of Australian people eating breakfast and burping.

4 Likes

Congratulations on the new gig @ElCapitanCranky

4 Likes

Thanks! If it pays over $200K a year for me to eat and burp and generally be a slob, I’m your man! :wink:

mfw

1 Like

Possibly wrong thread, but a fair question, can we expect Nine to announce a 4th multi-channel (5th channel excluding datacasting or “Your Money” transmissions)?

Because they’ll be at a ratings (share%) disadvantage, certainly after some months of 7Food transmitting (depending on MPEG type and availability).