7Food Network

New episodes of Mystery Diners? Surely SBS has aired all of them at least once!

I just go by the guide. Perhaps they have aired elsewhere.

I have seen new episodes through my us cable subscription so there is technically new ones just not sure when we get it down here.

Hell’s Kitchen moves to Mondays, a couple of season finales and a bunch of new shows for Wednesday nights and 1 for Saturday night

2 Likes

It’s about time 7 either dumped the channel altogether. Or rebrand it and widen its scope to include travel and other lifestyle crap. While being different to 9 Life.

Maybe they are contractually obligated to continue the Food Network branding and content.

4 Likes

For at least a year, you would think.

7 LifeStyle would be better.

9 Likes

The IP Australia database shows that Television Food Network, G.P. which owns Food Network has lodged an opposition to Seven’s trademark application for 7Food. I wonder why? There has been no opposition lodged against Seven’s application for the 7 Food Network trademark.

3 Likes

They are probably assuming 7 are going to drop their content the same way SBS did. Surely SBS would have more of an issue with 7Food, it could easily be confused with SBS Food.

3 Likes

This channel has fantastic engagement on social media.

2 Likes

Looks like the channel might be shut down?

5 Likes

And so it should. Absolute rubbish content and ratings.

2 Likes

I gather any of the rating content will be moved to the new 7flix.

2 Likes

I doubt there was anything that rated well. Most of the content is provided by the Food Network under licence so I doubt you’ll see individual programs move over.

1 Like

I think the only real exception I can think of is Ramsay…
I believe 7flix has already started showing his shows.

5 Likes

If 7Food does close, what will happen to the Food Network shows? Will they move to 9Life or disappear altogether from Australian screens?

1 Like

10 Food Network? :rofl:

7 Likes

SBS has done particularly well out of this arrangement - expect to see a slight boost to SBS Food’s overall share

2 Likes

If nobody is watching them, then nobody will care. Anyway, Food Network is available on Foxtel if you’re that desperate.

1 Like

Your Money - failed.
7food Network - failed.

2 Likes

I belive 7food will continue on 7Plus, if they do decide to close the channel. Maybe making it a stream only channel or keeping the on demand shows.

5 Likes