7flix - Programs and Schedules

AFAIK 7flix doesn’t travel to BCM at all?

MediaHub also handle 7flix’s transmission to every market?

As was stipulated in an interview with Seven’s network head of broadcast operations Andrew Anderson last year.

But BCM obviously provide all of 7flix’s content/ads/scheduling, etc.

As someone here mentioned, MediaHub running 7flix would be more of a capacity and technical issue, rather than BCM not being able to do it.

It would have to. How would Seven’s channels all be on the same multiplex if 7flix were played out separately?

3 Likes

No, they handle playout and deliver 7flix to Seven as a channel. It still goes through BCM. Seven adds 7flix to their existing transmission of channels from that point, just like Racing.com or the defunct 4ME.

BCM not being able to do playout is the capacity and technical issue you mention.

6 Likes

I was misinformed, thank you for clarifying :slight_smile:

That all does make sense.

I would’nt be Surprised if Flix ever schedule’s Greys Anatomy and How to get away with Murder, Mot Likely to air After 9:30.

The start of 7flix on Prime was a quiet event - it just went from the launch promo loop to the start of Its Academic episode:

There was a frame of a 7flix promo between the loop and the start of Its Academic that could suggest it’s dirty feed:

I also saw a popup for Plus7 Live streaming tonight that I don’t think Prime would air if it was clean feed.

7 Likes

Flix are airing Another One Season Comedy next Monday Night, Mixology. At least they will hold Grey’s Anatomy until Summer.

Good news!

From next week, The Big Bang Theory repeats are finally being given a rest :raised_hands:

Replaced by movies and Bones re-runs.

2 Likes

It’s not just for 7flix, but it’s also being given a rest on 7mate, who airs it on Thursdays.

Considering that October was the month in which Seven acquired the rights to TBBT repeats back in 2015 (with S8 added on that same month in 2016), I wonder if the repeat rights are currently up for negotiation, hence why its not on the schedule for next week on both 7flix & 7mate?

2 Likes

And More Goldbergs Episodes???

1 Like

Not sure?

I got the info from the network’s advanced program schedule for 7flix, available on TV Tonight and other public mediums.

No streaming service has S9 of Big Bang available. Presto had S8 up until its demise.

1 Like

I don’t think Seven will Fasttrack Grey’s Anatomy and How to get away with Murder this time around. Why? Free-to-Air Fasttracking from the U.S. is Dead and Streaming is the New Live.

1 Like

Looking forward to the original “IT” (1990) with Tim Curry Sunday week on 7flix :clapper:

1 Like

Promos last night for “Twilight” movies every Wednesday night over 5 weeks

Big Bang Theory missing from all future Seven/7Mate/7Flix program guides.

1 Like

Could repeats of it end up on Stan? Season 1-8 ? Presto was the last streaming service to air repeats on demand.

Any ideas of if/when Welcome Back Kotter will return to any of the 7 channels?

1 Like

Did I just wake up in 1977?

2 Likes

“I am so confused”!!!