7flix - Programs and Schedules

Bad Teacher

From Sunday 13 August at 11:00PM double episodes

Based on the film Bad Teacher, it’s about a sexy, foul-mouthed divorcee who becomes a teacher to find her next husband.

2014 comedy that was cancelled and pulled from US schedule after 3 episodes. 13 were produced with original unaired shown in summer.

But PG programs can be shown at anytime.

1 Like

The 7flix female V/O isn’t the old Saturday Disney host is it by any chance?

1 Like

Just letting everyone know a launch date has finally been confirmed for 7flix on Prime7

7 Likes

PRIME7 announced today that 7flix will launch in the regional east coast markets of NSW, ACT, Victoria
and the Gold Coast on Sunday 3rd September.

A dedicated movie and entertainment channel, 7flix is a feel-good mix of popular home-grown and
international television shows, children’s programs, and all-time movie greats.

7flix will delight regional viewers with programs they love, including first run episodes of US series’
Grey’s Anatomy, How To Get Away With Murder, Scandal and The Amazing Race. 7flix also offers
classic sitcoms such as Seinfeld, Big Bang Theory, The Nanny and Married With Children.

7flix will be available to viewing audiences of regional NSW, ACT, Victoria and the Gold Coast on
Channel 66.

Some television sets may require retuning or upgrading to access 7flix from Sunday 3rd September.

Further broadcast information can be found at https://au.prime7.yahoo.com/a1/7flix

2 Likes

Wonder if a similar deal is being done for Tas too. With a new news set on the way, I wonder if there could be affiliation arrangements being made and changes to SC Tas could be on the way too.

1 Like

Did they finally wake up and realise regional viewers were accessing the channel via Fetch TV and Seven’s streaming apps?

At this rate regional viewers could have the main channel in HD by the Olympic Games… LA in 2028.

7 Likes

Wow…it only took a year and a half! Good to know that Prime7 regions will finally have 7Flix next month though.

Hopefully it won’t be overly long before “Prime7 HD” is a thing. Although I do understand that unlike 7Flix where they could fairly easily do state/region-wide feeds, versions of “Prime7 HD” for each and every submarket would be required because of the advertising and local news differences.

2 Likes

Best news I’ve heard all year :tada:

When I’m in Bendigo, I can now watch back-to-back-to-back-to-back movies on Friday or Saturday :smile:

3 Likes

Well there goes my repertoire of Prime7 jokes.

7 Likes

They still don’t have Prime7HD, so hopefully you have a bit left :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Y U no launch in WA?

5 Likes

Is there a reason as to why he picture of 7flix is so horrid? It almost looks like it’s being played out through a rca cable on WIN TV… even the colouring of it is off and it’s ghosting and fuzzy.

If I’m not mistaken, 7Flix is played out from MediaHub in Ingleburn, South Western Sydney - the same broadcast facility that WIN (along with Prime7, the ABC and a few other networks) comes out of.

I wonder if that has anything to do with the picture quality…

1 Like

Yep. Aware it’s media hub controlled. Shouldn’t degrade quality though…

All good jokes get cut down in their Prime.

Would GWN7 do a separate statement or do they often piggyback on the Prime7 ones too?

There’s your answer to the quality! WIN’s quality has always been shocking, aren’t most MediaHub channels of lower quality? Also, doesn’t 7flix have a really bit-starved bandwidth? A step up from home shopping channels but nowhere near enough to the “normal” channels? I haven’t seen the bit rate comparisons for a while so not sure.

1 Like

I reckon they would rate a mention in the Prime press release if they were launching it. Something tells me they’ve encountered the same obstacles that WIN did in 2016. IIRC HD and 9Life was delayed by a few days, maybe a week?

Only the WIN-controlled channels are shit because they compress the incoming metro feeds their own stupid way. ABC, Prime and the rest are pretty good quality.

Please forgive the questionable quality, but you get the idea - LCN 66 has already been set aside ahead of next month’s launch.

7 Likes

Has the 7flix logo always had that lower quarter/half shine in it? Can’t say I’ve seen it before.

1 Like

Just caught a glimpse of the movie Miss Potter while channel flicking, and something is really odd with the quality - it looks as it is almost cinema recording. These caps don’t really do it justice, but it looks real dodge.

3 Likes