Seven Regional

I see Prime viewers are going to receive 7Flix next month!

2 Likes

This channel last time I watched the sound quality was terrible, was a year? ago. Wish all mutichannels could be in HD.

4 Likes

Safe to assume that 7flix will be MPEG-4 then

2 Likes

https://au.prime7.yahoo.com/a1/7flix

1 Like

OK, I’m going to be that guy (someone has to say it)…

Finally, 18 months late, 7flix is going to appear but what about 7HD?

9 Likes

I’m curious as to why they’re making viewers wait another month until it actually goes to air - it’s not like they haven’t had any time to prepare.

Prime7 is already broadcasting ‘7flix’ (no region name) on LCN 66 with a placeholder slide. Surely it wouldn’t take much extra to just flick the switch to the metro dirty feed from Seven, similar to how they did with ‘7TWO on Prime’ when it initially launched? They could then switch to localised ads whenever they’re ready.

4 Likes

maybe in the next 18 months lol?

Here’s a better quality cap of the placeholder:

10 Likes

I’d imagine 7flix will be a state feed for NSW, ACT & VIC respectively.

And WA when they get it (hopefully)?

Question:

What are Prime’s multi-channels like currently? Are they state or sub-market specific? (e.g.) NSW which is usually seperate into north/south for ratings purposes?

Is WA run through Mediahub?

Prime7’s 7TWO & 7mate, from what I understand through my limited viewing (I can get Wollongong channels at home), are sub-market specific, with most of its local advertising being relevant to a sub-market of where I’m viewing the channels from. However, they do throw in some local ads from other sub-markets within an aggregate market (eg. elsewhere from within Southern NSW/ACT such as Canberra, Central West & Riverina) to fill the ad slots.

4 Likes

Probably also timed to take a bit of the spotlight off the rumoured relaunch of TEN in Nth NSW as WIN from 1st September.

3 Likes

IIRC, Yes.

1 Like

7flix ads are starting to roll out:

11 Likes

(Caution: Obligatory post from the guy who sees a big black cloud at the centre of your silver lining.)

Still no sign of 7HD.

3 Likes

Adstream have accepted high definition television commercials for Prime7 since March 2015. This page introduces ‘Prime 7 HD’. A bit odd.

Prime Media Group announces its results for the last financial year later today. Perhaps they’ll make an announcement regarding plans to broadcast the main channel in HD. Don’t hold your breath, though.

1 Like

Most likely 7Mate HD.

Prime announced they made an after tax profit of $35.6 million for the 2017 financial year after the share market closed today. There’s a shareholder/investor presentation in the morning. Perhaps someone will ask Audsley if some of that profit will be put towards the introduction of the main channel in HD.

6 Likes

But that can’t be so… they’ve been crying poor, had to sack staff, outsource to MediaHub, needed the licence fees waived, can’t afford to meet their local content commitments, let alone do the main channel in HD!

2 Likes