7flix - Programs and Schedules

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Black…Ish

I notice 7flix can now be streamed live on Plus7 app. Since when is the channel available?

Since it first launched

10 Likes

The Goldbergs Seasons 3 and 4 better air on Flix come January as I had it with Seven jerking it around.

What’s with these Big Bang Theory marathons repeating the same episodes on the same night?

I’ve been watching the whole thing tonight (via the NSW feed) and noticed that the 11pm and 11:30pm episodes are the exact same episodes that they showed at 7:30pm and 8:00pm.

The schedule has been:
7:30pm S08E01
8:00pm S08E02
8:30pm S08E03
9:00pm S08E04
9:30pm S08E05
10:00pm S08E06
10:30pm S08E07
11:00pm S08E01
11:30pm S08E02

Seems weird to repeat episodes on the same night?

3 Likes

That’s what the program schedule says! How bizarre.

2 Likes

i saw that… Wow. 7flix is now the big bang channel. :wink:

That’s very normal in the us

Cable networks will play an episode of drama
Or sitcom at 8 then repeat the same one at 11

They get “free plays” often if the show is scheduled in a certain window.

So it’s “free” content for 7flix

If it negatively affected ratings I’m sure dozens of us networks would
Not practice this

So when was the last time they showed a movie?

Movies are on every Friday - Sunday.

I have access to the American channels, History, Nat Geo and SyFy in the US do this alot play a whole season marathon of a show in one day.

I guess the reasoning is if it works in America it must work okay, but we know the viewers will follow us like sheep :stuck_out_tongue: So really 7Flix doesn’t stand to live up to it’s on name anymore though now!

Neither does Netflix

7 Likes

Comparing 9 Life to this channel, 9Life is far better. 7 Flix has so much potential but I guess this is the result of spending no money on a channel.

7Flix show heaps of movies, particularly during prime-time & overnight (but they’re film noir/pre 1960 films) :+1:

Best times for triple header movies are Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

There have been movies on other nights during the year though.

I find I watch 7Flix regularly, it’s a nice little channel.

I don’t think I’ve even watched 9Life once, I don’t get what the channel stands for?

9Life…Lifestyle & Reality shows.

3 Likes

I mainly watch the lifestyle shows such as the house renovations (but not the block hate that show) on 9life. 7flix has always been good for once upon a time catch up but now that I have access to the Us channels and ABC America I’m now onto season six of once upon a time but it’s nice that they have put it on 7flix .

I don’t think I’ve ever watched much of 7Flix aside from the occasional flicking (no pun intended!) between channels…

Shares have been higher for 7Flix than 9Life in recent times, it probably took people a while to tune & get use to Flix…

1 Like

In the beginning it was mpeg4 and people complained they couldn’t get it on their old decoder MPEG2 tv and set top box :stuck_out_tongue: After that, then it became “a flick hit” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That makes sense on US Cable though, due to the timezones.

If it airs at 8pm and again at 11pm eastern time.
That second airing at 11pm falls exactly at 8pm pacific time.

Meaning both sides of the country can enjoy the same program at 8pm local time.

That same concept seems ridiculous on a free TV channel in Australia that is specifically tailored to local timezones.

3 Likes