7flix - Programs and Schedules

Is it MPEG-2 in Ayr, near Townsville too?

5 Likes

I don’t get this Ayr in Townsville joke ???

1 Like

Same here. Someone pls explain.

*near Townsville

5 Likes

It was so long ago I don’t even remember for sure how/who it came from?

It’s all covered in the FAQ

2 Likes

I didn’t even know we had an FAQ?!?

5 Likes

Ayr, near Townsville, contains some of Australia’s most outraged free-to-air viewers. It doesn’t take much to set them off.

11 Likes

Changing it to MPEG-2 has increased the channels audience. it was a good move by Seven

3 Likes

Can now get it in my bedroom, yay :grinning: Can’t get any HD channels though :cry:

2 Likes

Short term gain for long term pain.

1 Like

I’ll say it before and I’ll say it again: If it wasn’t for 4ME, I’m sure 7Flix would’ve been in MPEG2 from Day 1.

4 Likes

For reasons unknown the premiere has been pushed back to tomorrow (June 20) at 8.30pm, but it will still be double episode.

###Seven Year Switch (US)

From Wednesday 20 July at 7:30PM

Four married couples are introduced as they embark on an emotionally difficult journey to help repair their relationships. Viewers learn each of their love stories–how they met, how they fell in love, how their marriages took a turn for the worst and why they are willing to risk everything in order to save it. Two relationship experts will help guide the couples through the switch therapy process, as they adjust to living with an experimental spouse. Will their temporary partners be able to fill the void they’ve been yearning for, or will they discover that the grass isn’t always greener? At the end of the experiment, each of the married couples will reunite and make the decision: to either part ways and divorce, or reaffirm their commitment and renew their vows.

1 Like

This just seems like a channel that 7 can use to offload junk to. Cancelled series etc.

6 Likes

Still wish this was just a movie channel -_-

With a name like Flix it sounds like it should be .

3 Likes

Special promo for 7Flix (on 66) on the Sunshine Coast from 7QLD

4 Likes

Well that’s the end of 7Flix pretending to be some sort of “movie channel”. Reality TV has wormed its way in.

Interesting that its ratings have settled back to around 1.5-2.0% many nights. Not that much different to when it was MPEG4. I always suspected that the flurry of promotion for 7Flix when it went MPEG2 (and continues now) had more effect than just changing the technology.

1 Like

as I said when 7flix was launched, Seven could’ve and should’ve used it to dust off a few of their own Australian-produced series from the archives: such as Kingswood Country, Against the Wind, A Country Practice, Bulpitt, World’s Funniest TV Commercials, Class of 75, and they could have done a deal with WIN Corporation for the Crawfords library to be shown, but they didn’t listen!

1 Like