7flix - Programs and Schedules

Nah, you’re thinking of Channel Ten

17 Likes

The Australian reported at the time that 7 Flix was going to be a competitor and challenge Netflix.

Haha, that’s just about the funniest thing I’ve ever heard! :smiley:

6 Likes

I don’t think people would tune to “7flix and chill”

6 Likes

yeah, there’s your problem right there

6 Likes

From all the discussion from before 7flix launched, I thought that a channel decided to past Seven shows would have been something different from all the other channels for being for other than lifestyle. Offering content to viewers that are hard from reach.

Just noticed that 7Flix is now MPEG-2 here in Townsville. (As was just mentioned).

How are 7 managing to fit another MPEG-2 channel in on their multiplex?
Seems like a backwards decision to convert it to MPEG-2 in my opinion.

3 Likes

I saw their share went up to 1.8 percent the night before last. I assume this is related to being more exposed to audiences ? Or was there something decent on Thursday night?

Isn’t 9 Life MPEG4 ? It rates very well.

Just saw it being promoted as now available on more TVs so I guess it was the reason they made the switch.

2 Likes

7 did it because rather than fix the shitty scheduling and branding of the channel they thought this would be the easiest way to get more eyeballs watching it.

Doesn’t matter if it’s MPEG-2 or 4, if the content is shit then people won’t watch it. Simple

2 Likes

9life is MPEG2

By getting rid of 4ME

1 Like

9LIfe through WIN is MPEG4

2 Likes

Be nice to see Prime carry it following the untimely demise of our beloved 4me

2 Likes

Disaster isn’t the right description. It’s not performing as well as it should be due to the programming strategy but the extra 1% - 2% (depending on the night) Seven gets for their overall channel share is better than being at a disadvantage against Nine

1 Like

Of course! Thanks, I’d forgotten about that.

I very strongly doubt that Seven would shut down 7Flix. Maybe if the ratings don’t improve substantially enough (ie, still rating less than 9Life on a regular basis), they might relaunch the channel within 6-12 months but they won’t close it IMO.

1 Like

Exactly. They need to have a fourth channel to sell to advertisers given that Nine is able to see four channels.
Also since it’s only showing content that 7 already had the rights to, it would be costing them next to nothing to run, so even with dismal ratings it’s unlikely to be making a loss.