7flix - Programs and Schedules

Should just stick to a certain type of channel. Making it too broad . However I guess they have to , to get viewers.

Feels like this is just a channel thought of at the last minute in response to 9Life. They haven’t even done any deals to get any content . Cheap .

I wonder if 7 expects in time this will do as well as 9Life ? Hmm…

As I’ve said before, I reckon that the channel will be a slow starter in the ratings purely due to the fact that it will be in MPEG4.

With that considered, it’s probably not the worlds worst idea to have a broad range of content for what is probably going to be the first channel (lets exclude datacasts & HD simulcasts here) that will seriously entice the average viewer without MPEG4-capable equipment to upgrade.

You know it’s just the promo loop at the moment, right?

You need to calm down mate.
They will be no doubt re-jigging bit rates and quality as has been said a number of times once its launched. Patience is a virtue. A promo loop is no indication of anything.

5 Likes

It would be no more costly or difficult than it would be add in local adds anyway - which is vital to get the most out of sales.

3 Likes

In all of the cross-promotion for 7flix that I’ve seen on other 7 channels, I am amazed that they still haven’t mentioned that it’s only MPEG4.

A lot of people in the general public have absolutely no idea that they won’t recieve the new channel next Sunday.

3 Likes

They should hopefully recall that they already can’t get 9HD and 9Life and realise this is the same

1 Like

Maybe someone has the figures on this but do we know a rough estimate of the percentage of TV sets/STBs which are MPEG4 capable? Whatever that figure is will tell us a lot about how much of a disadvantage 7flix will be at compared to the other multichannels available in MPEG2

1 Like

9Life is MPEG2.

9Life is a MPEG2 channel in the metro markets, TVAU! :slightly_smiling:

To the best of my knowledge, all the channels that currently broadcast in MPEG4…

*Nine HD (5 capital cities, Gold Coast & Darwin only)
*7Flix (5 capital cities & Regional QLD only)
*RACING.COM (the versions on the Seven and Prime7 multiplexes, at least anyway)
*4ME (likewise)
*iShop TV (in Prime7 regions)

All others, including Food Network and 9Life in the metro markets are MPEG2 services AFAIK.

Oh well 9hd then… sheesh… it’s late…

3 Likes

That won’t be the case for us here in Regional QLD though.

7flix will be our first “proper” MPEG4 channel (as most people don’t watch/care about racing.com).

It is being promoted heavily on 7 here, but nothing is being mentioned about it being MPEG4 only.

Day 1 schedule is out: The channel begins at 6 am with 9 season 3 OUAT episodes in a row followed by the pilot of the Muppets. The rest of the day is filled with movies.

Looking at the ratings for last week probably no need for 7 to rush this channel out considering they got 32% compared to 25% for Nine - despite the HD channel and 9Life that’s their worst start to the ratings year in a decade.

The feel-good mix of 7flix

Get your fix of movies and first run US shows on 7flix from Sunday

Seven’s new digital channel, 7flix, launches 6am Sunday with a schedule of movie favourites and first run US shows.

The feel-good mix of 7flix is spearheaded by movie favourites every night at 8.30pm. Titles to rollout in the first few weeks include Love Actually, You, Me and Dupree, Sister Act, Ten Things I Hate About You, Meet The Parents, Coming to America, Coyote Ugly and Ghost.

First run episodes of popular US dramas GREY’S ANATOMY, ONCE UPON A TIME, HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER and SCANDAL will move to 7flix giving fans the shows they love, at a time they love.

New episodes of US comedies THE MINDY PROJECT and THE MUPPETS will join classic sitcoms SEINFELD and MARRIED WITH CHILDREN on the new channel, along with fast tracked episodes of 10-time Emmy Award winner THE AMAZING RACE.

John Stamos’ new comedy GRANDFATHERED, musical-comedy GALAVANT, Marvel’s AGENT CARTER and more will also make their Australian debuts on 7flix this year.

Primetime highlights during Week One of 7flix include:

ONCE UPON A TIME

Season 4 Australian premiere
Monday, February 29 at 7.30pm

THE MUPPETS

Series return, double episode
Tuesday, March 1 at 7.30pm

THE MINDY PROJECT

Series return, double episode
Wednesday, March 2 at 7.30pm

THE AMAZING RACE

Season 28 Australian premiere
Thursday, March 3 at 7.30pm

7flix launches this Sunday, February 28 at 6am on Channel 76. The channel will also be available anywhere, anytime, on any device through PLUS7 Live.

Both shows are rested next week due to 7mate’s live coverage of the Asian Olympic Games women’s soccer qualifiers featuring matches involving Australia. Doesn’t mean they will move to 7Flix.

3 Likes

Surprised that doesn’t mention it is MPEG4 TV.Cynic.

Awesome! I think we’re overdue for someone complaining about how we’re starting weeks behind the US again, and for me to point out that due to pre-emptions in the US, we end up seeing the finale within a day or two of them.

Why would it?

1 Like

Was thinking for the people who live in the regions where it launches who wonder why they can’t pick it up.