7flix - Programs and Schedules

They will screen all the dramas + The Amazing Race that were shown in the promo probably in the 7:30 pm time slots. Daytime will most likely be filled with repeats of shows that they own with some kids shows mixed in between. So yeah I would say movies will fill the 8:30 pm onwards timeslots weeknights with more movies being screened during the weekend ( most likely movies geared towards kids).

1 Like

Donā€™t think any of the guides have come though for the week commencing 28 February at this stage, but yeah, theyā€™re usually embargoed until the Monday arvo from memory.

We (probably Cynic) will post it up as soon as it comes through.

4 Likes

Just waiting for the inevitable ā€œWhen will it be on Foxtel?ā€ questions to start.

2 Likes

So movies get higher numbers of people watching. Yet Eleven puts new content on and a movie on GO! will outrate it. Might as well dump all the content off Eleven and make it just movies then.

So thatā€™s why 7Flix will have movies every night because they get higher ratings Iā€™m assuming.

And I bet thereā€™s a new promo, or series of them this time perhaps, launched during the Molly special this Sunday

Ratings wise, I think that 7Flix will be a bit of a slow starter for the first year or so. Keep in mind that itā€™s realistically the first ā€œmajorā€ multichannel to be broadcast exclusively in MPEG4ā€¦a format that not every Digital TV device (quite possibly including OzTam ratings boxes!) can handle.

when will it be on Foxtel Cynic?

2 Likes

Love Actually next Sunday 8.30

The pictures on the promo look a bit clearer than before but now it looks like very soft looking colours. Is that the best they can do to fit this channel in ? Is there actually enough room for all these new multichannels , datacasting etc ?

I would suggest the problem right now is that Seven canā€™t statmux a combination of MPEG-2 and MPEG-4. That would mean they would need to pre-allocate an amount of megabits for the two separately, rather than fully optimise the whole multiplex as one.

Nine make good use of this, Nine HD adjusts how much it uses to let Nineā€™s other channels increase, and vice versa.

It is possible to just not have that ability, but it would mean a lower quality service, as when channels have peaks in bandwidth needs, they wouldnā€™t have as many potential bits to draw from.

1 Like

Looks like 7Flix is launching at 6am next Sunday, kicking off with 3 episodes of Once Upon A Time back to back.
Thatā€™s all I can see on my EPG ATM

Strange 7 flix epg isnt showing up at all on either of my TVā€™s

Same. How are you seeing a guide?

Promo loop is advertising this currently. Iā€™ll get a video up.

1 Like

It appears American Dad and Family Guy are moving to 7Flix as after next week they are not scheduled to air on 7mate.

1 Like

If true, I find that quite oddā€¦
Those shows certainly fit into the demographic for 7mateā€¦

Iā€™ve got my guide up and Iā€™ve scrolled from Sat 27th through to Sun 28th and thatā€™s as far as the listing goes. (Currently OUAT from 6-10am). Iā€™m using the guide on my telstra Tbox

Should be renamed 7Tube because it is like a Youtube low quality picture and tube like sound.

I think the picture will be better quality on Plus7 , on the live streaming than on the tv lol.

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised with all these launches of new channels that they have bothered with local versions of the channels in areas such as Adelaide and Perthā€¦must cost them to have these channels time-shifted with no local content. Heck I wouldnā€™t mind if I could watch the start of the movie at 8 instead of 8:30 here in Adelaide on 7flix so I could get to bed at a reasonable hour.

Seinfeld will air 6pm weeknights on 7Flix.
Once Upon a Time season four premieres 7:30pm Monday 29 Feb on 7Flix.

1 Like