7flix - Programs and Schedules

7mix

1 Like

I think 7 Chix should have been the name as it is aimed at women. Putting Flix on it just to catch peoples attention.

My tip would be March 24 to coincide with the start of the AFL premiership season.

1 Like

I heard another rumour on another forum that One was closing down and turning into Ten HD.

It would make sense for Ten HD to screen in the channel 1 position. But if they do that then hopefully they’ll relaunch One as Twelve so we have 10, 11, 12.

1 Like

7Flix has the same resolution as Presto on the PC.

1 Like

The current picture quality of 7Flix looks a bit like a 360p YouTube video, not that great IMO!

Does anyone think by launch date they could up the quality to MPEG4 HD while also surprising us with 7HD?
reason I’m asking is, why would they choose to broadcast this in MPEG4 in the first place if they would have extra bandwidth available?
Or is it because they have racing.com plus the data casting channel too?

Definitely. They should be airing their promo loop in 1080p high def.

3 Likes

Are there any Australian content requirements for these multichannels or do the broadcast hours of these new channels just get added to the network total and thus dilute the percentage of local content shown?

Australian content requirements are for the total across all the channels. For example, Ten make up a large chunk of their Australian content with Neighbours which is on Eleven.

Actually I believe the individual multi channels have Australian content requirements now. It’s low - and it can be repeats. But it came in about 2-3 years ago.

just as Nine has done with GEM, I’ve also heard that rumour…

Sounds too radio station-esque if they did that :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s what I was aiming for - not really serious.

So the 4th season of The Mindy Project was made by Hulu would Seven have the rights to this ?

Presumably, because it’s still produced and distributed by NBCUniversal.