7flix - Programs and Schedules

Slogan could be 7flix and chill

2 Likes

Tonight’s announcement poses more questions than answers really. For example:

• How will the channel be structured? 7flix is an odd name for a channel that (according to the promos) going to combine movies, dramas and kids programming
  • Is the channel going to have new programming for it or is it going to simply use shows a Seven currently has the rights to?
  • Why is 7flix going to be on Ch 76? Seven are going to have a situation where a datacasting advertising-funded channel takes priority in the EPG over two of their own channels
4 Likes

I think they went for the rhyme… “Catch 7flix on channel seventy-six”.

Wtf?

2 Likes

Because Flix rhymes with Six.

The whole point of infomercial channels is to sell advertising - why would networks want to hide them?

Broadcast Centre Melbourne - as if it was ever in doubt that Seven would do playout of Seven’s new channel…

Seven may have to close one of datacasting channels to ensure 7flix has enough broadcast bandwidth.

Sunday week? The last I checked, February 28 is three weeks from now Luke! :wink:

And they will show “chic flix” and “kids flix”…

Should’ve launched on the 26th… 7flix launches 26th …

[quote=“Moe, post:327, topic:341”]
The whole point of infomercial channels is to sell advertising - why would networks want to hide them?[/quote]
Nine & Ten’s infomercial channels manage just fine appearing in the EPG after their ‘main channels’. No reason why TV4ME should be an exception

How many do they have?

I thought it was just 4ME and racing.com, and racing.com won’t be going anywhere.

Good point re EPG, in that TV4ME will appear between mate and flix.

But I guess because it’s because of the ‘4’ thing that it’s stuck on 74.

And I agree with other posts about 76 being chosen because of the rhyme with flix.

“Get your Flix on 76” would be a good catch cry.
Would work even better on Prime, IF they pick it up, it would go on 66.

1 Like

You’d hope so, given it has been airing on 7mate for the last two years or so.

YES MA’AM!

1 Like

…and remember how GO! was (and still is in WIN markets I believe) in the EPG after not one but two infomercials in the EPG for a couple of years? Nine seemed to manage OK with that.

Extra was always between Gem and Go (and still is given the duplicate of Go) and Ten didn’t really have a choice given where they put their multichannels.

It’s in a network’s interest to have you see their ad channels as you flick past.

Doubt it. They’ll just degrade Mate and Two a bit more - they’re running the placeholder fairly close to a rate they could run the channel at.

1 Like

I’m not disagreeing with you about the financial reasons behind the decision. Heck, generating extra revenue is why we’re having this discussion through the establishment of infomercial channels. I just don’t like it for several reasons even though 7flix & 76 are a good match for each other

1 Like

Netflix is called NetFLIX and carries movies and tv shows.

I don’t get the confusion?

4 Likes

Netflix offers HD and no ads .

To be fair, when Netflix first started out, it rented out movies on DVD before they started their streaming service.

1 Like