7flix - Programs and Schedules

I watch on Plus7… was assuming I would have to watch Molly on the Sydney Time Zone to found out the info first assuming they don’t geoblock there yet.

I’d take a wild guess and suggest that you’d probably see a post on here about it almost instantly, only one of us needs to take one for the team and actually watch Molly.

1 Like

My guess is that it’s going to be a young female skewing channel (like Hallmark or Lifetime, as others have suggested) or a family/children/tween channel. I think the latter is slightly more likely due to Seven’s output deal with ABC/Disney. They have quite an extensive selection of family based content that they could use, and its programming would be vastly different to ABC3/Kids. Does Seven have the rights to Freeform programming?

Same applies to the female-skewed scenario really. ABC’s programming targets a more female demo than other US FTA networks (with the exception of The CW), so they would still have a lot to work with. Especially with ABC’s ‘TGIT’ lineup which rated badly on Seven’s main channel, and could therefore become a centrepiece for a multichannel if it was fast-tracked.

The female option taps into a less saturated market in Australia, because no FTA channel focuses on that demo thus far.

@7Flix exists on Twitter but nothing posted as yet. Could be a decoy too :wink:

I’m praying it’s 7Heaven and 24/7 Creflo A Dollar…

No really I am!

3 Likes

Except for Gem. Except for 9Life. Except for SBS Food. Except for (to a certain extent) 7Two.

1 Like

South Coast TV ‏@SouthCoast_TV 2m2 minutes ago
There is a “7Flix” account in existence on Twitter. Make of it what you will… https://twitter.com/Channel76Flix

Have to say they’ve done well to keep it under wraps. It better be a good channel and not food or lifestyle!

Look at my post above :grinning:

Was that your one the one about the Twitter Account?

1 Like

Tells me that anyone can set up a Twitter account…

3 Likes

9Life is justified but it really doesn’t offer any decent drama offerings, and has pretty “basic” shows. Seven would still enter a market that is underrepresented on FTA television and offer something new.

Any moment now…

20 mins nearly and no ad break…yet when Home and Away airs they have what seems like constant ad breaks.

1 Like

Isn’t this (mostly) common practice? To get the viewer in to the show.

Yeah 7Flix starts Feb 28, please rename the thread or start a new one?

1 Like

7flix it is. It starts February 28. The promo suggests it is not just a movie channel. Shows like The Amazing Race, Scandal and The Muppets could air on the channel.

3 Likes

So happy!! Just what free to air needs.

So glad its not lifestyle.

7 Likes