7flix - Programs and Schedules

I don’t think “flix” refers to just movies these days anyway. The term has changed with the times. Netflix probably has more episodes of TV shows than movie titles.

3 Likes

More Recent Titles in Early Evening I Reckon.

And Flix’s Daytime Schedule needs Burnoffs of Shows that Failed in Primetime including Black…Ish.

6:00 or 7:00 Monday to Thursday on Flix needs something Fresh and New to Fill rather than Endless Married with Children or The Nanny Repeats.

Yeah exactly and it will also give 7flix more viewers becouse those shows that seven may have killed off on their main channel the fans of said shows would watch the rest of those shows on 7filx so yeah that is a good idea

Maybe. But I think a lot of public perception still sees the term as ‘movies’ and judging my many comments from viewers the past two years, many question where indeed the “movies” are a lot of the time on 7flix.

It chops and changes. Excluding the 4 back-to-back movies on Fridays and Saturdays, some weeks there’ll be movies on Sunday to Tuesday et. al. But some weeks not.

And we’re still waiting on a confirmation from Seven on those Big Bang re-runs, the channels best performer by a long shot?

1 Like

Do you have contacts at 7HQ at Pyrmont?

1 Like

No, why would I? Sorry, I was using we as representing others here who may also be wondering what’s going on.

I’d say it’ll return soon into the ratings survey, Angus Ross did tell TV Tonight they were resting it for a while, in place of more movies (I recall).

Oh I’m sure there would be. Not everyone has embraced the online streaming revolution. My grandmother still calls the TV the “picture wireless”

7flix also promoted themselves as a movie destination, so you have a point.

4 Likes

More likely that Seven has not renewed the rights to Big Bang. It seems too much of a coincidence that the show disappeared from Seven’s schedule exactly 2 years after it was first on the network.

2 Likes

Yes, I remember you bringing this up before and I agree, it seems the most logical explanation.

But I wonder why, when it was doing such good business for them? Meanwhile 9Go! reaping rewards in recent weeks, both movies and Big Bang re-runs.

Cost must outweigh long term performance (for a multi-channel) maybe?

That’s adorable.

My grandparents exclusively watch Seven.

3 Likes

Gotta love em though.

1 Like

5 Sec ID recorded from Prime 7mate:

3 Likes

7… Gotta love it :wink:

I suppose Prime have to keep heavily promoting 7flix for a while.

I only know it rates well in regional QLD, but has been there since day dot.

I’d be interested to know from members here, who live in VIC or NSW, if they know family or friends who are yet to re-tune and add the channel?

As far as I know everyone has got it on the TV’s around the Hamilton area.

Do all modern (2009/2010>) TVs give a “new channel found” message? Latest ones probably add them automatically?

So do some TVs still require tuning function manually I wonder?

Hard to tell with all the different standards out there. My mate’s 2015 Samsung picks up new channels without scanning. My older 2011 Bravia requires a manual tune.

Most MPEG-2 TVs will scan and save 7flix as an audio-only service.

2 Likes

I know with myself sometimes, the ‘new channel’ message will appear, but it’ll be at an inconvenient time and I’ll forget for some days.

A good TV would have a “Remind me in X hours” button or something

1 Like