Julia Banks is promoting her political memoir called ‘Power Play’ which is released this week.

Monday 5 July to Thursday 8 July-

Laura Tingle is hosting again this week filling in for Leigh.

1 Like
1 Like

Stuck in contact negotiations?

1 Like

From The Australian’s Media Diary:

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/when-will-leigh-sales-return-to-the-abc/news-story/1d59cd9f5eb6c3021368c53f9907c4d4

Now those at the ABC are now asking about Leigh Sales , who has been absent from her 7.30 hosting gig since June 24.

On Thursday at 4.09pm, Diary made a low-key inquiry about Sales’s time off air.

Four hours later, our question was answered on national television by 7.30’s stand-in host, Laura Tingle – who wrapped up the show at 7.59pm with 12 words: “Leigh is still on leave and will be back on deck soon.”

For what it’s worth, Diary hears Sales is likely to be “back on deck” by early-to-mid-August — or two to three weeks from now.

We’ll know “soon” enough.

What’s their obsession with when Leigh is taking leave? Presenters can take leave for many personal or private reasons. I find it verging on harassment that they need to keep asking why she is on leave.

3 Likes

Checks publication…The Australian…enough said.

5 Likes

It’s almost sickening. We have seen this happen before and then the presenter has had to reveal the details of needing to be with their sick parent, partner or child. Just because they’re in the public eye, we don’t need to force presenters to reveal every part of their personal life. It can add distress at a difficult time.

5 Likes

I agree, it’s none of our business, and it’s likely just Leigh taking leave, but who knows, it could be contract renegotiations as @Pranks suggested.

Many contracts run to end of a FY, and she is the highest paid at the network. Belt tightening certainly top of mind at the ABC in recent times as many other networks also.

We have seen the likes of 7 offer extra projects to current presenters in return for no pay cut.

1 Like

Gosh. Sales still on leave.

2 Likes

Hope all is well for her.

7 Likes

Would be very happy to see Tingle take the show permanently. Give Sales 4 Corners or Q&A.

1 Like

I really actually have become to like Tingle on this.

Sales would be better suited to those other two shows.

2 Likes

Yes Tingle suits the tone of 7.30. Serious, straight-laced and no-nonsense.

Sales always came across as more compassionate in comparison but also tough and fair when needed so she would fit Q&A very well.

4 Likes

Capture

6 Likes

6 Likes

Well one thing ABC and many viewers have learnt in the last few months. Tingle was probably a bit underrated.

Will miss the no nonsense approach. I normally flick in between this show for the last few years but have pretty much watched the lot under Tingle. Was impressed. Now back to the channel surfing.

2 Likes

Seems like Leigh Sales won’t be presenting 7:30 at least tonight due to being caught up at an exposure site

3 Likes

They should’ve given her the stuff to present on location so that she can present from Home which i believe that’s what she did last time.

3 Likes

Or just give it to Tingle who rates higher.

2 Likes