… looks like they’re using Zoom meeting with virtual background …

3 Likes

Monday 12 April to Thursday 15 April -
Laura Tingle presenting this week.

2 Likes

Why are live segments in 50 frames per second and prerecorded items in 25 frames per second?

Australian broadcast standard is 50i (interlaced), not 50p which equates to 25fps … my understanding (from some years ago I will admit) is that the ABC shoots 720/25p rather than 50i because you can get double the minutes on the P2 file card … it also looks more “filmic” which appeals to many in the industry …

What?

50i and 50p are both 50 frames per second.

All channels in Australia broadcast in 25fps which is also the requirement to submit programs and commercials in?

Yes they do because it’s broadcasted in 25fps. ABC newsrooms record in 1080/25p now.

no … you have misinterpreted what I wrote by taking just a small part of it … maybe it would have been better if I had written it this way to avoid confusion …

Australian broadcast standard is 50i (interlaced), which equates to 25fps not 50p

is that better?

EDIT: re-reading your post it would appear that you are confusing the two … 50i=25fps and is the Australian standard … 50p is different …

This should be good.

1 Like

Monday 19 April-

Leigh is back hosting this week.

2 Likes

Also this week, 7.30 will screen segments devoted to “Climate Change Emergency” from reporter Andy Park.

1 Like

Very good.

1 Like

Monday 3 May-

Laura Tingle will be filling in for Leigh tonight.

2 Likes
1 Like

Thursday 10 June -
Laura Tingle hosting tonight.

1 Like
4 Likes

Monday 28 June to Thursday 1 July-

Laura Tingle is hosting this week.

2 Likes

Is it really the best time for 7.30 to essentially dog whistle for vaccine hesitancy while 4 states / territories are in lockdown?

The report on TV was far from dogwhistling - the case study in that story was actually saying he was just unlucky to clot, and doesn’t regret immunisation.

Queensland Premier also appearing on Q+A tomorrow night.

1 Like