What a shame. It has been bliss to watch Ellen and Virginia host and conduct quality interviews. Stark contrast to Leigh.

It seems that Ellen Fanning is hosting for the week again.

1 Like

Ellen Fanning is still hosting this week.
Leigh must be taking more leave with the recent death of her father.

1 Like

Can Ellen stay indefinitely please? Loving her back on TV and hosting 730.
This interview she’s doing with Hugh Marks (Nine CEO) is top notch.

Ellen mentioned tonight that Leigh is returning next week.

1 Like

2 Likes

Ellen Fanning presenting tonight.

1 Like

Interview tonight

Leigh is hosting special Friday edition on the Leadership Spill.

1 Like

7.30: Leigh Sales interviews Emma Husar

Tuesday 28 August at 7.30pm

In her first television feature interview after announcing she won’t recontest the Federal seat of Lindsay, Labor MP Emma Husar tells 7.30’s Leigh Sales that ‘slut shaming’ forced her decision to quit politics.

In her first substantial public response to the allegations that have been made against her in media reports over recent weeks and subject to an internal Labor party review, Husar talks about what she described as a “malicious” smear campaign against her and responds to various allegations that have been made against her.

Husar slams what she describes as a toxic political culture in which she says slut shaming is used against young, single women, “almost as a method of torture”, and discusses what her next steps will be.

1 Like

Laura Tingle filling in for Leigh Sales tonight.

2 Likes

Are my eyes deceiving me? Is 7.30 actually in HD tonight??

Graphics look great in HD. Much more clearer!

1 Like

No, your eyes aren’t deceiving you!

Canberra bureau still in upconverted SD though:

2 Likes

Just accentuates how terrible the lighting is even more.

At least it’s a sign that ABC News & Current Affairs (I know, most if not all of the Monday night public affairs programs have probably been HD for a year or so but still…) is slowly progressing into the HD era.

Personally I hope HD upgrades for the main Sydney & Melbourne news studios won’t be too far away since a decent amount of national news bulletins/programs come out of those along with the 7pm news bulletins for their respective states IIRC.

1 Like

7.30 Exclusive: Leigh Sales interviews Catherine Marriott

Tuesday 18 September

Catherine Marriott, the WA businesswoman who alleges Barnaby Joyce sexually harassed her, has spoken for the first time, telling 7.30’s Leigh Sales she hopes her experience will improve the way all Australian political parties deal with sexual harassment allegations.

In February this year, Marriott submitted a confidential complaint to the NSW Nationals Party, that was subsequently leaked to the media. Barnaby Joyce has strenuously denied the allegations. In her first interview about the scandal, Marriott says “the control that I had over my own identity was taken away,” when her name was made public.

Marriott speaks of the devastating impact of the public scandal, and reveals what made her decide to fight back.

1 Like