62nd TV Week Logie Awards 2021-22

Glad that the Logies will be back for another year. But it’s a shame that the new voting process is still going ahead. What was wrong with the public voting for the popular awards and nominees, rather than some system of TV Ratings, Social Score (?) and the Industry Judges choosing the nominees, including the Gold, then we can vote on that…

With state borders continuing to close and most of the guests based in Sydney and Melbourne surly there is a virtual back up plan being put in place?

This month’s Golden Globe Awards will be co-hosted at Los Angeles and New York. Perhaps Logies organisers could have the main ceremony on Gold Coast with satellite events in Sydney and Melbourne?

Pre-Tape the Speeches at Smaller Locations for Example.

They need to hold it in Sydney or Melbourne, you can’t have it in another state where the talent and workers don’t live

Yes I agree. I’m sure it’ll head back to one of these cities soon.

Should have been reverted back to Sydney or Melbourne, where most talent live. I dont mind the Gold Coast, if its once every 10 years. But not for a few years in a row with little relevance to Australian television.

1 Like

The 2021 Logies will be held on November 28. That means shows that were aired from 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2021 will be eligible to be nominated for the awards.

The date for the 2021 TV WEEK Logie Awards has been announced

Are Media and Nine today announced the 62nd TV WEEK Logie Awards will be held on Sunday, November 28, at The Star Gold Coast – the home of the awards – on Queensland’s glorious Gold Coast.

After being postponed in 2020 due to COVID-19, it’s exciting to be able to confirm that all the action, glamour and excitement synonymous with Australian television’s night of nights will return and be telecast on Channel 9 and 9Now .

TV WEEK Editor Amber Giles says, "TV WEEK is thrilled to have landed on a date we know we can deliver a spectacular show on.

"After spending way too much time on the couch in stretchy pants over the past 12 months, it’s important to us and our partners that we come together at a time when we can all frock up and be in the same room.

"We can’t wait to head back to The Star Gold Coast to celebrate and honour the best in Australian TV in the style for which we’re famous.

“On November 28, we look forward to seeing on the red carpet all those who have kept us entertained and informed during trying times.”

Managing Director Nine Queensland & Nine Northern NSW, Kylie Blucher, says, “We look forward to welcoming back the TV WEEK Logie Awards to the Gold Coast in what will be a huge celebration of the Australian television industry’s resilience through some very challenging times.”

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk says it’s great to welcome back the TV WEEK Logies to the Gold Coast.

“We’ve made Queensland the home of the Logies and I look forward to welcoming back the television industry for a week of events that we’ve worked with organisers to build around the awards night.”

old Coast Mayor Tom Tate says, "It’s great to know the 2021 TV WEEK Logies are again part of the Gold Coast’s annual night-of-nights.

"If there was ever a time where the industry, and its amazing talent, needed an excuse to let their hair down and party, this year is it.

“As a city, and a country, we’ve come out of the challenges of COVID-19. It’s time we all come together to celebrate – 1.5 metres apart!”

The Star Gold Coast Chief Operating Officer, Jessica Mellor, says the return of the TV WEEK Logie Awards in 2021 is an incredibly exciting milestone and a sign of brighter times ahead for the tourism and entertainment industries.

“As the Gold Coast’s most iconic entertainment destination, The Star is thrilled to welcome the TV WEEK Logie Awards back to the venue this spring to experience what will no doubt be the most memorable event yet.”

1 Like

The one absolute must if they want any sort of decent ratings - make sure they employ a host or 2 co-hosts this year.

Joel Creasey has said before he would like to host. Pair him with Magda Szubanski and you’ve got a great duo - comedic, diverse, popular with all demographics and Magda is with Nine now too.

If there’s no hosts this event will continue to die a slow death.

5 Likes

Joel is awful. Couldn’t think of anyone worse, has a razor thin personality and even then his jokes are written by other people.

I don’t think having a host is the major issue with the Logies, it’s that nobody watches anything other than news or reality anymore and most awards are for other stuff.

1 Like

Late November for the awards? Yikes, thats late!! And close to the AACTA Awards too? Hmmm!

The AACTA awards should remove it’s TV component and focus on Australia cinema only.

2 Likes

Ultimately they may as well combine eventually into the AFTAs or something. Our screen industry is so small and film and tv lines are blurring more and more

1 Like

They are the Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts. why would their awards only recognise cinema?

3 Likes

Eligibility for the 2021 Logies will be from 1 April 2019 until 31 March 2021. The awards will then be EIGHT months later! Thats along time after eligibility to air the awards.

1 Like

Yeah, I reckon programs which were on-screen recently are far more likely to be nominated for a 2021 Logie (especially when it comes to awards selected by the general public) than something which aired over two years earlier.

2 Likes

I think that many excellent programs that aired in 2019 may not be properly recognised due to the 2-year eligibility period. That’s why last year’s Logies should have been held virtually.

1 Like

I get the feeling that the logies are being organised by uninspired, disgruntled employees that hate their job. The decision to completely cancel last year was very lazy and letting this years get pushed out to Nov sounds like there is little regard for the event.

3 Likes