62nd TV Week Logie Awards 2021-22

The latest issue of TV Week is a Logies issue, despite the Logies not being held. They pretty much talk to Kate Ritchie on her 2 Gold Logie wins, and have small blurbs to Samual Johnson, Ray Meagher and Carrie Bickmore.

The 2020 Logies were to be held this Sunday.

The deputy editor of TV Week says in the latest issue “Bring on Logies 2021”. So there is some simmer of hope that next years awards will still go ahead. lol.

This week’s Stellar magazine is also a Logies issue with Carrie Bickmore, Lisa McCune and Kate Ritchie on the cover.

1 Like

I guess these articles and photo shoots are planned and done months in advance. When they were done, the Logies had not been cancelled yet.

It’s a shame they didn’t go ahead with a virtual awards show like some of the award shows overseas have done. I saw this week that the Daytime Emmy Awards is doing that. All the nominees pre-recorded acceptance speeches on video but only the winners will be played on the night of the virtual broadcast.

6 Likes

yeah, kind of makes sense that these articles/ photo shoots were made some time ago, prior to the cancellation of the Logies.

The Awards were initially to be held tonight. A shame that it didn’t go ahead in some capacity. That’s a good idea of having a virtual ceremony and have all the nominees doing a speech. That’s a good idea. I didn’t think of that. The Daytime Emmys were held over night. Why couldnt the Logies. Hmmm!

Have they still got one year left with Gold Coast under the deal, or more?

All of the ‘celebs’ posting rehire ‘what could have been’ and memories tonight. :roll_eyes:

What’s wrong with that? It’s normally television’s biggest celebration of the year.

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

There are only three things about the Logies that I’m particularly missing this year.

*The commentary on Twitter, some of which has been absolutely hilarious in the past!
*The “Hall of Fame” segment.
*The “In Memoriam” segment.

Don’t really care much for the rest.

Great contribution as per usual

1 Like

Tonight’s “ceremony” is dragging out again. No need for every presenter for each award to try and “be funny”. :stuck_out_tongue: And too many irrelevant international singers. lol

i miss that type of comments from us in here. lol

2 Likes

Why thankyou.

Think of it this way. Its like when you hang a goon bag on your clothesline and play Goon of Fortune with your mates. :sweat_smile:

Stellar magazine editor-in-chief Sarrah Le Marquand wrote in yesterday’s issue that the photoshoot was organised AFTER the Logies had been cancelled.

1 Like

If the Logies are still to be held next year, it should be held earlier in the year - possibly mid-to-late March.

Id have nominations reopen to the public. Programs and Cast that aired between 1 May 2019 and 31 December 2020 to be eligible - that’s 20 months of programs. The 2019 Logies had shows up to 30th April 2019 eligible, hence starting from May 1.

Id have voting start from the first Monday of January and last for 4 weeks. A minimum of 20 actors, actresses and presenters from each network we can vote for, plus at least 5 programs from each network for each genre category (like Drama, Comedy, Lifestyle, Current Affairs and Reality). And up to 10 New Talent stars per network.

Nominations to come out late February, with the awards in mid-to-late March.

1 Like

Thought id bump up this topic.

Anyone know if the 2021 Logies will still go ahead, and when? If its going to be mid 2021, then that mean 2 years worth of shows and talent will up for awards, which I think is too many. Should air it early in the year (April/ early May) so only shows from May 2019 until December 2020 are eligible, with the cancellation of the 2020 awards. And voting to start soon, in the traditional way.

Edit: i have just changed the topic name from 2020 to 2021, but these will still be the 62nd awards (is that cool, mods?)

1 Like

TV Week has not announced anything. I’m sure the minute they do it will be relayed here. And the rest of your questions will no doubt be answered as soon as TV Week announces it.

unclear at this stage what it will be. Logic indicates 62nd but sometimes Logic and Logie despite the similar spelling can be very different things.

4 Likes

Thanks for that.

Lol. Logic should be 62nd indeed, but Logic and Logie rarely go hand in hand with each other :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If the Logies are going ahead this year, the organisers should refer to last year’s AACTA Awards and the Primetime Emmys to see how the event should be held.

3 Likes

According to Sunday Herald Sun’s Fiona Byrne, the Logies will be held this year. She writes that in recent weeks, TV networks have been busily submitting stars and show biographies to be considered for inclusion in the voting shortlist for each of the award’s categories.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/logie-awards-tvs-night-of-nights-making-a-big-comeback/news-story/aaacb8a1afaf08c3795bdff171bca831