61st TV Week Logie Awards 2019

He’ll make a comeback eventually. He is Australia’s best journalist after all (according to him, anyway).

1 Like

Speaking of… How’s Bert’s health these days? Three hours of inappropriate humour from the 1970s should go down well with the social media outrage brigade.

1 Like

Still stuck in the 70s yourself, eh?

Thanks but no thanks.

1 Like

The obvious overexposed Ten personalities were already mentioned by NewsWeary, so I figured that I may as well bring their rising stars into the mix.

Yep, I agree.

Yeah, a Karl Stefanovic-fronted Logies would be far from my cup of tea (to say the least) but I figured it’d be something that would be reasonably popular with viewers and generate quite a lot of discussion on social media which if we’re being honest, is probably one of the only things keeping the Logies alive.

Just be thankful I’m sticking to people who are household names - it’s no secret that most of my favourite TV personalities are very obscure/local ones barely known outside of media enthusiast circles! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nah. I just enjoy inappropriate humour at the expense of minority groups.:roll_eyes:

Of Course Peter Overton and Cameron Williams would be the best choices :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If only they could throw Mark Ferguson/Mel McLaughlin or Amber Sherlock/Julie Snook as a double header for the logies. Now that’s must-see TV event!

1 Like

what’s Kitty Flanagan up to these days?

Careful. You’ll trigger Sully with that Sydney-centric presenter talk.

1 Like

She’s been touring a lot lately from what I’ve heard.

The next series of Utopia is currently filming, also. Looking forward to more of Rhonda.

They’re being held on the Gold Coast, so how about Rod Young & Amanda Abate or Bruce Paige & Eva Milic?

Obviously neither are likely to EVER happen, but if you’re making joke Logies suggestions you’ve got to be on-point! :wink:

1 Like

If you’re talking Queensland personalities for a Queensland based event there really is only one choice…

2 Likes

Sonia Kruger? She’s born in Queensland (Toowoomba to be exact).

I just don’t think Karl will attend the awards this year given all the controversy over the past 12 months.

Wendy Harmer and Gretel Killeen as co-hosts? They were “great” as hosts

Yes but Jacki MacDonald is probably busy :wink:

4 Likes

Out of all the suggestions I’ve seen above, Kitty would be one who could really shake things up. Maybe Tom Gleeson too.

Dave Hughes has made cracks about people saying how much he resembles Judith Lucy these days so maybe she could be a good substitute for him. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think you owe @Bort an apology.

3 Likes

Make of this what you will. Would be interesting!!

Is that not true but true?