61st TV Week Logie Awards 2019

I have seen these odds floating around lately, but I don’t see why it should be allowed. Lee Lin Chin is in the lead to win the Gold, despite not being on the voting forms (and not even being on the air for a year!). Dr John Aiken and Bruce McAveney are in the top 10 to win the Gold too, and aren’t listed in the voting pages either.

But I don’t blame Tom Gleeson for gloating either.

People are betting for people who can’t even be nominated? Sounds shonky. That’s a lot of money the bookies are scamming.

2 Likes

Robert McKnight putting his hand up to work for free. Peter Ford only talks if he is paid.

1 Like

After delivering the opening monologue at the past four Logie Awards, Dave Hughes has told the Sunday Herald Sun he won’t be able to attend this year’s ceremony, as he is taking his family to Italy in mid June to visit Kate Langbroek. Hughesy and Kate will also host a week of drive shows there for Hit Network.

Totes devastated :unamused:

Others may disagree, but in my personal opinion that’s at least one positive about this year’s telecast. Dave Hughes relies far too much on screaming to make his jokes sound funnier than they actually are, I think.

2 Likes

Yes. Many will disagree with you.

I’d like to know who you suggest should do it.

They need a host that doesn’t rely on being self-centred in their presentation. Dave Hughes would’ve been a excellent host if he doesn’t yell everything out and make it sound like the ‘Dave Awards’.

Let’s hope that the awards can change for the better and go back to the basics. No stretched musical performances, cringeworthy openers like last-year, bad V/Os and the likes. Get to the point and do the awards.

3 Likes

There are plenty of other over exposed Ten personalities Nine could use to host the Logies- Denyer, Keller, Chris, Julia.

Dream team would have to be a Denton/Micallef double header.

4 Likes

You forgot Gunsberg, apparently he hasn’t had enough air time yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes, definitely. I thought last year’s intro was very ordinary and relied too much on just screeching it out. Surely there are plenty of other comedians out there who could take over.

2 Likes

Along with the names you’ve mentioned, I’d also suggest that people like Charlie Pickering, Tom Gleeson, Julia Zemiro, Lee Lin Chin (well she hasn’t been seen much on TV for a while, so I think a Logies monologue from LLC would probably be quite popular), Angie Kent and/or Yvie Jones might make great Logies hosts/Opening Monologuers.

1 Like

Imagine if Karl became the host for Logies this year…

even someone older like Tony Martin

1 Like

As much as I’m not a massive fan of Karl Stefanovic’s, there’s another good suggestion if Nine/TV Week want to add some social media buzz to the telecast.

TVAU’s idea of Tony Martin is also a good one!

I’m a Tony Martin fan but thought his announcer asides on last year’s telecast were cringeworthy.

2 Likes

Seriously? Ugh!

I didn’t like him as a V/O but he’ll probably do well as a host.

Last thing we need is someone like Shane Bourne…or worse Daryl Somers to present the logies. Social media would crash.

1 Like

You’ve got to be joking. You think Nine would want him to risk that after they dumped him from Today in such a humiliating way?

Exactly. There’s a reason why he’s been dumped. He’s had his day.

If anyone thought I was being serious with my previous comment, I wasn’t :wink:

Surprised someone hasn’t mentioned the possibility of someone like Tom Gleisner or Ed Kavalee doing the opening monologue.