60th TV Week Logie Awards 2018

With the 1980s TV Week masthead?

Your mock here

2 Likes

:laughing: Well spotted. Must be a fake sculpture they dug up from an 80s photo shoot. Maybe for the special Kylie and Jason shoot at the beach. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The literal whos who? Of Australian TV.

I must admit, I struggled to work out out who most of them were in that photo without checking their Instagram tags. In the past they had done the announcement in Sydney which means they attracted a bigger bunch of stars on that day.

Maybe they should have continued that tradition in Sydney or Melbourne since the awards are on the Gold Coast.

TV Tonight has had a go at TV Week for leaving so many names off their website. You wouldn’t think it would be that hard to put more names on the site to choose from. Why do they limit it like that?

Why not put every series regular on the website list to avoid such snubs?

1 Like

I had to check the article on the Gold Coast Bulletin to find out who were there for the photoshoot. Apart from Leila McKinnon, there were Matty J, Jenny Baird, Scarlet Vas (Neighbours) and Sea FM’s Ben Hannant as the Gold Logie.

1 Like

Also House Rules contestants from last year, Aaron and Daniella. Easily forgotten “TV stars”. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s Channel 7’s Liz Cantor in the pink dress also.

Is it up to the network to provide the names?

I noticed in recent years that Cornelia Francis was never on the list. I assumed it was her decision not to be included, however after seeing the interview on ACA recently I gather that definitely isn’t the case.

1 Like

No. TV Week comes up with all the nominations.

I think they were invited partly because they are locals.

Of course. Saved air fares and accommodation.

I thought networks provided the list of names to TV Week

But i don’t see why they have this arbitrary limit? Surely it is not that difficult to make a longer list to vote from? It’s not like they are limited for page space

2 Likes

Just for the Most Outstanding categories? Or both?
Would they have a limit of how many names they could put forward. Would be a bit unfair if it was limited, considering Ten has a handful of local shows and the ABC has dozens. You’d think ever actor in Neighbours and Offspring woild be in since they have so few.

I see no reason why every regular cast member in the big shows couldn’t be on the list.

I don’t know how the Outstanding nominations are derived as they are peer/industry voted, but i understood that networks submit the lists for the Most Popular categories

1 Like

Very interesting article on why certain people don’t get included in the nomination list (hopefully this isn’t subscription only).

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/awards/2018-tv-week-logies-voting-we-have-a-few-questions/news-story/f6917400789d45fd553664f1d9ab14b1

So each network is only allowed to select 15 presenters to be shortlisted for Most Popular Presenter (judging by the above article)?

I am surprised to see Sarah Harris (Studio 10 / Shark Tank) omitted. Heck, she was nominated last year. Surely, that is enough to be omitted this year.

Silly rules from the Logies.

Especially since Ten must have more presenters because of the number of those types of light entertainment shows they have and a lot less in acting, since they have less scripted shows.

2 Likes
3 Likes