60th TV Week Logie Awards 2018

Is this really why?

GCCEC was used for Comm Games, but would’ve been cleared out within one month post games, ok, give it two to be generous (specific times are publicly available, I have used them for other venue planning) but now it’s getting very long in the tooth.

In recent years, there has been somewhat consistent date range earlier in the year. For awards for a previous year, it’s very late into the next.

1 Like

We know all that and it’s been discussed here at length. Nobody disagrees but they said they needed the time to prepare for hosting up there for the first time.

For this year they also extended the eligibility period for nominations given the late hosting date

Viewers of Nine News Gold Coast have a chance to have a premium seat to view the red carpet arrivals.

2 Likes

Another of Karl’s rants attempting to grab some attention

1 Like
8 Likes

I was just about to mention the same thing when you posted this. Karl was the first one that wanted to boycott the Logies this year.

3 Likes

Hugo Weaving is not going to the Logies either, even though he has been nominated for most outstanding actor for Seven Types of Ambiguity. He said the awards were just “promotional tools for TV channels”.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/hugo-weaving-is-nominated-for-a-logie-this-year-but-wont-attend-because-of-one-big-reason/news-story/c870c67912d2ac2d0609d76931c64c64

Hugo Weaving was happy to be a promotional tool for Showtime in early May.

I do enjoy Karl’s fake outrage. It’s so superficial it makes Love Island seem like Four Corners. Might as well hold your breath in the Woolies lolly aisle and throw your rattle out of the stroller because scary Kochie didn’t attend your bum-fluffing award ceremony.

9 Likes

The Logies have been going for 60 years. He’s only just realised this?

Too true. His earlier, probably more genuine, rants went viral so now he (or his producer) are just milking it for clickbait

1 Like

Is it worth mentioning that ABC News Breakfast also won’t be at the Logies? Alert Andrew Bolt now that ABC is not supporting Australia’s local television industry or their network colleagues.

4 Likes

Where can I nominate Karl for tosser of the year?

1 Like

Sorry but the nomination box is full.

4 Likes

Fairfax did used to hand out Bogie Awards each year, not sure if that has continued. IIRC Karl was nominated for The Black Bogie (The Sandilands Chalice). I suspect that award might go to the Optus World Cup App this year.

2 Likes

This isn’t as nasty as the click bait headline suggests.

2 Likes

NCIS star for Logies

1 Like

Reminds me of Michael Weatherly’s appearance to the Logies a decade ago.

Or the long list of other overseas actors who have done it?

1 Like

This morning, I saw a promo of the Logie Awards Live from the Gold Coast.

1 Like