60th TV Week Logie Awards 2018

Yes they’ve put a giant Logie on the beach and have made it look like on Channel Nine stars attend. And they wonder why ratings are declining. Every year.

4 Likes

A Logie Award promo coming to the Gold Coast.
Live and Dangerous slogan. How many years has Channel 9 used it?

Since either 2014 or 2015, when the Logies were finally broadcast live in the AEST timezone after a delayed telecast for many years.

2 Likes

I would hope Nine are not running the promo in Adelaide and Perth.

1 Like

Big-name stars head to Gold Coast Logies

The string of big names on presenting duties also includes Dr Chris Brown, Julia Morris, Shaun Micallef, Edwina Bartholomew, Georgie Gardner, Rebecca Maddern and Richard Wilkins.

It has also been confirmed that Grammy Award-winning British star Jess Glynne, who was the first international act to be revealed as performing on the night, will be joined by British R&B singer Dan Caplen to perform the hit they collaborated on with Macklemore, These Days.

2 Likes

The Logies need to be shown live in Adelaide and Perth. If Nine is willing to show State of Origin live in Perth today by moving Nine News to 5pm, then it should do the same for the Logies.

3 Likes

You forgot to mention Darwin/NT, they’re also on a non-standardised timezone at this time of year along with SA & WA! :wink:

Personally I agree, but is it up to Nine or TV Week to decide whether the Logies get a live or delayed screening in the non-AEST states? Also if they weren’t, I really think the broadcast rights for the awards should’ve been put up to tender when the hosting location was.

Who in their right mind would sit through four to five hours of the Logies in this day and age? The last few years I’ve started watching at about 10pm. By the time I’ve watched the opening monologue, industry voted awards, hall of fame, in memoriam segment and skipped through interminable speeches delivered by people I don’t recognise or care about, I’ve caught up in time to see the Gold Logie winner being announced.

2 Likes

Really? Sunrise could get bigger guests than that. Interesting that Georgie will play a part this year as she always shies away from these events. Also no doubt Julie Bishop will be there on official government duties.

Organisers cut the number of awards to shorten the telecast this year. Suspect aim is to have it wrap at or by 11pm instead of midnight.

2 Likes

Georgie has been to the awards each year, just never been on Today on the morning after.

I don’t find Georgie Gardner’s wherabouts that fascinating tbh

1 Like

Yeah she always takes the next morning off but shes never presented before I dont think?

I vote for the entire show to be done completely drunk. Everyone has to enter the room over the limit and slurring…

5 Likes

When the Logies were being held in Melbourne, they had the replays of Kings of Comedy during late night. IT talks about the back-in-the-days of the great Graham Kennedy. But this year with the Logies being moved to the Gold Coast, I noticed that there were no Kings of Comedy on.

So why does it have anything to do with the the Gold Coast? I’m sure it doesnt.

2 Likes

Someone’s just finally lost the Kings Of Comedy tape :scream:

8 Likes

implies that isn’t the case already

You can’t tell if the presenters are pissed and out of it already. They have to visibly be pissed and out of it. :wink: :rofl:

2 Likes