60th TV Week Logie Awards 2018

So they haven’t previously had to do that to Melbourne?

1 Like

Half the people live in Melbourne. Nobody lives on Gold Coast.

It can’t last there, it may work for TV Week, but not the networks.

1 Like

Soon the networks may have to have support people living in Brisbane.

1 Like

I hope they set up a gofundme page. their struggle is real.

9 Likes

Jess Glynne will be performing on awards night.

1 Like

who?

1 Like

SHes a British singer.

1 Like

Won’t Pink be here then?

Sylvia Jeffreys, Leila McKinnon and Sonia Kruger will host the red carpet special.

1 Like

Sounds thrilling… They should have given a comedian an attempt at it.

2 Likes

Hughesy’s famous monologue will be the only reason I’ll tune in. And boy won’t he have a huge catalogue of media headlines over the past year to choose from!

1 Like

When I was at The Project last week I was told that Studio 10 will be staying in Sydney the morning after the Logies, and the Sunday Project will also stay in Sydney on the night. If the Logies were in Melbourne it may have been different.

1 Like

That’s because Studio 10 had access to a live studio in Melbourne the next morning. They can’t do that in Brisbane or the Gold Coast.

1 Like

I thought Studio Ten previously did an Outside Broadcast post logies.

I am sure they will have Angela on the GC.

Denise Drysdale could be there too as she lives on the Gold Coast.

1 Like

I know Wake Up did an OB in 2014 post logies seen here.

For Studio 10, as far as I can remember they have only broadcasted from Melbourne Como Studios the morning after.

3 Likes

News Corp reports most of Seven’s personalities will not go to the Logies due to extra cost. Sunrise will broadcast from Sydney the morning after the Logies, but Eddy and Sam Mac will file reports from the event.

2 Likes

MS tells me there’s an estimated read time of 36 minutes of this thread, so forgive me please, why haven’t the Logies been held yet this year? Seems very late compared to recent years?

Because they were moved to the Gold Coast and funded by the state government which was already committed to hosting the Commonwealth Games before getting ready to host the Logies there.