60th TV Week Logie Awards 2018

no mention of MasterChef this year. Sad. :wink:

channel 9 already making ā€œVote Tracyā€ promo material. I wonder how Rodger and Jessica feel?

Perhaps people were voting for Pete Hellier and Lisa Wilkinson this year too and split the vote for the show.

1 Like

I do hope Wentworth does well with its nominations. I only recently caught up with last yearā€™s series but I think Kate Atkinson as Vera Bennett is very deserving for a win.

4 Likes

Youā€™re forgetting Channel Sevenā€™s biggest personality who if nominated for the Gold Logie would probably win in a landslide (and in the process, cause a glorious amount of controversy) - the Cash Cow

One somewhat forgotten aspect of this yearā€™s awards is that voting for all the ā€˜popularā€™ categories ā€˜resumesā€™ in the week leading up to the ceremony which means if you thought the voting promotions were bad enough - itā€™s going to be nothing compared to the (likely) ā€˜Vote Tracyā€™ and ā€˜Vote Amandaā€™ campaigns Nine and Ten will unleash in a few weeksā€¦

1 Like

Who forgot it? Thatā€™s all weā€™ve been talking about all afternoon.

1 Like

Quite a lacklustre nominations list. Tracy Grimshaw is warm favourite to win the Gold Logie.
Foxtel will be chuffed Andrew Winter gets nominated for the big award too.
The extension of nomination period means several shows which aired in the first quarter of 2018 got nominated: Romper Stomper, Safe Harbour, Hughesy We Have a Problem etc. But there were some omissions as well: Neighbours, AFL and NRL Footy Show and The Voice.

Based on what?

So thereā€™s no Best News Panel or Current affairs program category in the 2018 Logies?

Probably tried to vote for them in the reality category with the way Dailymail are obsessed with them.

There is a MOST OUTSTANDING NEWS COVERAGE OR PUBLIC AFFAIRS REPORT category. Also a MOST OUTSTANDING FACTUAL OR DOCUMENTARY PROGRAM.

There are no ā€œBestā€ categories any more. There are no separate ā€œMost Popularā€ category for news, current affairs, sport, factual or childrenā€™s programs. Only industry awards for these genres.

3 Likes

Nope. They are lumped into entertainment, which is what i was complaining about the other day.

Nominees are a bit Meh. For gold Iā€™m happy with Amanda, Andrew and Tracy. Any of them 3 to win and Iā€™ll be happy.

The rest seems very meh. Although good to see Ray meagher nominatef for Alf in H&A

People have been complaining that the awards were too long, so the publicly voted categories were reduced. The Logies have been moving towards having more industry recognised categories and less popular voted categories.

Seven generally gives the Logies a wide berth but will still plug their nominations in the news :unamused:

Haha, good one! #GoldLogie4CashCow2019

Apologies if this one has been asked before, but would Sevenā€™s coverage of the Winter Olympics & Commonwealth Games have been eligible for a 2018 Logies nomination or do they have to wait until next year to get either (or both) nominated?

Yeah, the previously separate Most Outstanding News Coverage & Public Affairs Report categories have been merged this year.

I know Current/Public Affairs & Sport (among others) used to have ā€œMost Popularā€ categories at the Logies, but I donā€™t think there was ever an ā€œMost Popularā€ Logie for News Coverage?

and now we have the typical diversity posts about how all the nominees are white.

Itā€™s Australian TV, Walleed won it last 2 years. what more do you want? Its the year of the woman, havenā€™t you heard?

The fact that there are not a lot of diverse faces on television in general would limit the chances of many being nominated in the first place.

yours is the first comment Iā€™ve seen about it?

Go on Twitter