60th TV Week Logie Awards 2018

No. But go on then, tell me who my favourites supposedly are.

the word according to Mr Bar

Tom, what on earth are you talking about.

I thought my original comment was quite clear “it’s become contrived” … “publicity event”. I was talking about the ceremony itself.

And if you’re going to have a lame dig at me, there’s possibly no bigger Nine fan boy here than yourself.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

You might not like the Logies (and I know many others who couldn’t give a sh*t) but it’s been there for 60 years and they’re not going to tear it apart just because you don’t like how contrived it is.

it’s the Logie Awards. They’ve been a “contrived” “publicity event” for 60 years?

I’m all for the Logies despite its flaws, but I think it’s fair to keep it in perspective. At the end of the day it’s a device to promote a magazine and give some PR to the networks. Doesn’t pay to take them too seriously.

M-ST-RCH-F

would you like to buy a vowel? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

Molky has posted a breakdown, its not as bad as you make out
https://twitter.com/SteveMolk/status/1000664653192572928

5 Likes

That’s actually really bad.

This is the WORST nomination list I’ve ever seen in the history of the Logies. It is honestly rigged.

I’m no Ch7 heart throb but they are the Number 1 Network and yet Foxtel, has more nominations.

Family Feud axed and get Grant Denyer gets a good Logie nomination. Andre Winter WTF? Terrible!

Logie nominations do not equate to good ratings and quality television.

If that’s the best, then we are in trouble. How sad, they used to be great and have lots of credibility.

I would be honoured to not receive a Logie nomination.

5 Likes

Never have. Not the public-voted ones anyway. And our TV culture has changed from the days of only 4 channels and a handful of big-name stars for each network. TV is a lot more niche now. Doesn’t take as many votes to get to the top of the pile. Seven still scored a number of nominations even though they barely give the awards a fleeting mention during the voting period.

And I always wonder of all these Logies critics, did any of them bother to vote when it counted? Perhaps then the nominations might turn out different.

4 Likes

MasterChef. MasterChef Masterclass. Gary Mehigan from MasterChef. Matt Preston from MasterChef. George Colombaris from MasterChef.

You’re welcome, @Sully.

4 Likes

One thing I’m surprised hasn’t been mentioned yet: Who (or what, if it’s a show) do people think TV Week will induct into the TV Week Hall of Fame this year?

I personally think it’d be great if there were more diverse faces in the nominations list (or part of the Australian TV/media industry in general), but…

Also, have people forgotten how some sections of the media (of course mostly conservative-tilting media like The Daily Telegraph, who possibly didn’t like the thought of someone brown/Muslim winning a Gold Logie) complained when Walleed Aly was nominated a couple of years back? Just to refresh your memory, here is @TelevisionAU’s take on that from April 2016.

2 Likes

Thank you @SydneyCityTV i had to re-read it to remind myself what i wrote :no_mouth:

1 Like

Does anyone care about the biggest joke awards
I’ve said this before time to bloody bury them for good PLEASE!!!

2 Likes

Nobody is forcing you to watch them or even care.

1 Like

So you say every year. Why come to this thread if it interests you so little?

8 Likes

Alright, gotta say, that’s not a 100% fail :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I disagree with the notion of the bolded text. When the Gold Logie is not only promoted but recognised by the industry as Australian TV’s ‘highest honour’ - the awards (as an entity) need to be taken seriously in that they should be praised and criticised, scrutinised and celebrated, etc

Very unAustralian spelling for your concerns about Australia. Try recognised, honour, criticised and scrutinised on for size.

The awards need to evolve. They’ve made some steps in the right direction. They need to go further. That’s all.

2 Likes

Blame the iOS autocorrect for americanizing that post!

god you’re a bore

1 Like

You can choose to ignore me but you know you can’t.

TEN was the only commercial network to mention nominations from other networks including some questions for Tracy.

Nine’s report was exclusively about the network’s shows and talent. It included graphics of playing cards and surf boards and a live cross in Brisbane.

Same with Seven - not even mentioning the Gold Logie nominees in their report or having a reporter at the event - it was voiced by Kay in the studio (Gold Coast News may get something on Monday).

2 Likes