60th TV Week Logie Awards 2018

Indeed. I expect the top Google search tonight and tomorrow to be “Who is Andrew Winter?”

Maybe followed by "Why was Tracy Grimshaw nominated for a Gold Logie? "

2 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but the Graham Kennedy Award is not popularly voted. Industry “experts” have chosen those nominees (i.e two Bachelor franchise contestants) lol

GOLD LOGIE – MOST POPULAR PERSONALITY ON AUSTRALIAN TV

• Amanda Keller (The Living Room, Network Ten) - Could be a contender
• Andrew Winter (Love It Or List It Australia/Selling Houses Australia, Foxtel – Lifestyle) Probably one of the most popular presenters on Foxtel
• Grant Denyer (Family Feud/All Star Family Feud, Network Ten) - Popularity could surprise - even though show has been axed
• Jessica Marais (Love Child, Nine Network; The Wrong Girl, Network Ten) - Doubtful
• Rodger Corser (Doctor Doctor, Nine Network) - A very long shot
• Tracy Grimshaw (A Current Affair, Nine Network) - Most likely to win

2 Likes

No it’s a Most Popular category and it’s a farce. TV Week were pushing them by constantly posting photos of them in the magazine in regards to voting. Matty J was also on the Gold Coast for the announcement of the categories.

2 Likes

Best and most rounded group of nominees for some time imo. Andrew Winter and SHA is very popular so that isn’t surprising to me. I’d be happy for him to win.

And names that aren’t the same every year for once.

The whole thing is still a sham, but at least there are some different names (and more deserving if there has to be) in the mix.

Really? I have seen his face but not noticed him before today. Don’t recognise the name.

I think it will be hilarious if Grant Denyer gets the Gold after Ten axed Family Feud. Will Ten push the votes for him over the next few weeks?

Don’t know why people are hating on Tracey Grimshaw. She’s been a staple in homes for decades and that longevity is worthy of recognition.

7 Likes

I’m not sure what this year’s list of Logie nominations says about the health of Australia’s TV industry, particularly when a personality from a Foxtel program has received a Gold Logie nomination! :open_mouth:

Sam Frost nominated for Most Popular New Talent? Surely she’s not all that new to the Australian TV/media industry these days after appearing on The Bachelor/ette and her short-lived stint on 2DayFM Breakfast with Rove McManus?

I wouldn’t have any major problems with Tracy Grimshaw winning the Gold Logie (although I’d prefer to see Amanda Keller win), the possibility of “Don Burke Special - ACA” winning the award for Most Outstanding News Coverage/Public Affairs Report on the other hand…

If Channel Seven really cared about the Logies these days, I’m pretty sure we can all guess what type of personalities they’d try and get nominated for Gold: Pete and/or Manu from MKR, Samantha Armytage, Andrew O’Keefe, Hamish McLachlan, etc. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

…and neither is The AFL Footy Show!

I don’t think people hate her as a person, but rather they hate the program which she is the front and centre host of.

6 Likes

Yes I’ve heard people replace the Current in that title with another C word but it does win the time slot every night.

1 Like

So does that make her the Most Popular Personality in Australia?

On a more serious note, it’s sad that the likes of Bruce McAvaney, Joh Griggs and others at Seven which deserves to win has never won anything at the logies. Says more about what the logies is actually about these days (aka Nine and Ten Lovefest)

5 Likes

Time will tell who wins gold. Viewers are not just voting for ACA. Many will remember her from Today and as the person that informed them of major events over many years on Nine News. I know the current role is ACA but you get what I mean

TV Tonight has run a poll and so far Amanda Keller clearly leads Grant Denyer.

1 Like

I’m personally rooting for Rodger. I love that show. Binged it all recently. A classic more people should watch and he’s good in everything.

…Too much sport.

So they’ll be upset if they don’t win one of those categories.

Rio 2016 won it for them last year, with Hamish McLachlan accepting and giving a spiel about how they are a sport network, build everything around it, blah blah blah

Rooting. Steady on.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with being a root rat.:rofl:

2 Likes

You are filthy! Seriously shocked Ninja Warrior didn’t get a nom either. Huge snub

I’m not surprised about ANW getting snubbed.

But I agree about Rodger being the most worthy for his performance in Doctor Doctor. That’s who I voted for in Most Popular Actor.

I think it’ll come down to Tracy Grimshaw vs Grant Denyer, to be honest. It’ll depend on the way the publicists push it now.

1 Like